I am reluctantly selling my Pro1 with QWERTY keyboard layout. Mint condition, only used for a few hours, never took it outdoors. Original packaging, all accessories included. Price is 650 euros and I'll pay shipping.

I have a neurological disorder that often makes it difficult to use a touchscreen. I thought a physical keyboard might help, but the Pro1's touchscreen is problematic and despite the advice posted here, it remains very difficult for me to operate the slider.

Thanks!

-- Mark

Addendum: I live in Paris.

Edited by MJM
added my location
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This may sound like a silly advice, but for the slider part you could put a piece of gaffer-tape or the like on the underside of the display sticking out a bit, and folded back. That should give you a snip to grab so you could lift up the rear edge.

Here I tried to make a sketch of the profile seen from the USB-end, with the tape in orange

image.png.3c3f6c3c7eaac7610f63da152511e489.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MJM said:

I am reluctantly selling my Pro1 with QWERTY keyboard layout.

I am really sad it was not a successful story for you but I think you will sell it easily.
Maybe it would help if you provide your country or approximate place of the globe near you (continent, etc).

Anyway, for me, it is easy to operate the slider even without noise, but I don't know exactly what disorder you have.
It is also true for your touch screen problem - if it is the edge touching, you can make it better using a software.
If it is too sensitive for you (causing problem to touch something when your finger is close to the display but not touching it yet) that is another question which may be solved in software or not (I don't know).

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, VaZso said:

If it is too sensitive for you (causing problem to touch something when your finger is close to the display but not touching it yet) that is another question which may be solved in software or not (I don't know).

If I do not remember wrong there are ways to require a larger touch area to activate, so you will need to press the finger 'flat' and not just have 'point'-contact. I'm pretty sure I have seen that somewhere, when looking for apps that could mask the edges off...

ADD: This article may be relevant: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~jbigham/pubs/pdfs/2015/steadytapping.pdf

19 minutes ago, phix said:

Hi @MJM, I'm also interested and I live in France too. Please answer in PM if still available.

Sorry mate, it's gone.

Edited by Slion