VoLTE (Voice over 4G data)

• 2 weeks later...

Zero issues with my pro 1 on versions volte. 

Once it was set it hasn't come undone. Been going on about 3 months now without issue. 

This has been with stock and updated as fixes are made available. 

Edited by D1ggs
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I use Fxtec Pro1 with the Bulgarian mobile operator Vivacom. "VoLTE provisioned" switch is grayed-out and turned off. I called the support and they told me that VoLTE is enabled for a whitelisted set of popular phones only. The guy sent a message to the technical team about my phone, but it's not guaranteed that Pro1 will be whitelisted neither I'll be contacted at all.
I am in areas of bad coverage and the phone frequently switches from 4G to 3G/2G and my internet becomes slow, so I explicitly set network mode to LTE, because weak LTE signal delivers faster internet than 3G with better signal. The bad thing is that I cannot make and receive calls, and I do not even get SMS about missed call. The calling party hears "busy" signal.

Edited by fashion_m
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, fashion_m said:

Hi, I use Fxtec Pro1 with the Bulgarian mobile operator Vivacom. "VoLTE provisioned" switch is grayed-out and turned off. I called the support and they told me that VoLTE is enabled for a whitelisted set of popular phones only. The guy sent a message to the technical team about my phone, but it's not guaranteed that Pro1 will be whitelisted neither I'll be contacted at all.
I am in areas of bad coverage and the phone frequently switches from 4G to 3G/2G and my internet becomes slow, so I explicitly set network mode to LTE, because weak LTE signal delivers faster internet than 3G with better signal. The bad thing is that I cannot make and receive calls, and I do not even get SMS about missed call. The calling party hears "busy" signal.

Very annoying, just to ask are you running the latest version of stock? First i've heard of a GSM carrier whitelisting popular phones for VOLTE.

If you are, I would suggest getting root and trying to enable VOLTE using the various patches out there.