Phone Won't Connect to Wifi

11 hours ago, rubleaj said:

Alright more updates because I kind of find this fascinating (though I do not understand it):

1) Phone does not connect to home network (2.4 or 5), WPA2-PSK [AES] (with an alphanumeric password for all examples)

2) Phone does connect to home network (2.4 and 5) with BOTH WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

3) Phone does connect to an unprotected network (2.4 and 5)

Hopefully this detail can enable someone smarter than I to figure out exactly what is going on in the background.

I tried to change my WiFi from "WPA/WPA2-PSK" to "WPA2-PSK" on my HuaWei B525s-23a. And both a Pro1 on Stock and LineageOS connects to it just fine.
Could you give the model number of the netgear router, maybe that can help chasing down the bug. 🙂

4 hours ago, rubleaj said:

I do not have a hotspot, however I could pay for it to test it out (which I may do). As for 5g and 2.4ghz, I have both enabled and tried them both to no avail. 

Specifically, what I meant is that if you have 2 wireless networks appearing like this:

HomeWifi

HomeWifi-5g 

Go into your router settings and switch it so there's one SSID for both your 2.4 and 5ghz networks. 

Next set up your password as just WPA2-AES. Don't let it include WPA. 

If you want a good router, I second the Archer C7. Super cheap, great specs, and well supported

3 hours ago, D1ggs said:

Specifically, what I meant is that if you have 2 wireless networks appearing like this:

HomeWifi

HomeWifi-5g 

Go into your router settings and switch it so there's one SSID for both your 2.4 and 5ghz networks. 

Next set up your password as just WPA2-AES. Don't let it include WPA. 

If you want a good router, I second the Archer C7. Super cheap, great specs, and well supported

Yes I understood you and tried the 2.4 separate from the 5 (sorry if I didn't sound like that). As for the security on my netgear router/modem, the ones I had listed in the previous comment were the only options available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm this solved Pro1 with LineageOS 16 not connecting to a wifi network.

In my case router is a MikroTik RouterBOARD 951Ui-2HnD. Not using the stock firmware, i got it with OpenWrt already flashed into it.

Edited by agent008