Wifi = Reboots=Disappointed

Wife finally got her Pro 1 after nearly a year of waiting.

Start up the device, turn on Wifi Connects to Router, phone reboots, comes back to home screen reboots, over and over and over.

If I quickly disable Wifi at the home screen everything is fine.  but as soon as we turn Wifi back on and it connects, phone reboots.

Waited all this time and to have such a glaring problem like this is just horrible.

I will copy this into a support ticket as well, but didn't know if anyone else in the July 6th batch are having the same issue.

*Note: I was able to get all of the patches installed via 4G but still the problem persists.

If possible switch to 5GHz only. I had a similar issue on my provider-provided-router, but only on 2.4GHz. I have tested it on my Ubiquity routers, no problems there. But that whatever-brand-it-is-router, that one made my phone reboot. I alway make a distinction in SSID between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Also, my 2.4GHz network is fixed on channel 1 and 20MHz. No reboots since (Ubiquity).

• Like 1

@DieBruine Thank you! Your suggestion seems to have worked on my Asus RT-AC86U router I was able to use WiFi MAC filtering to force 2.4GHZ and so far so good, no reboot. 

I do hope this gets fixed in the standard OS though, I should be able to use the phone on 5GHZ these days!

• Like 1

I've had this problem at a friend's home network recently, haven't had a chance yet to work out what's happening but I'll take a look at the different bands (2.4/5Ghz). On any other network I've connected to (private and public) I've had no issues.