No Audio On Call

I had a hardware trouble with that. Did you try a phone call using hands-free Speaker ? This could be a microphone issue.

You can install Phone Doctor, and test your hardware.

This was my issue (no more microphone), and I just take off 5 screws, remove the screen and clean the small connector from the microphone. Since it works without issue.

• Like 1

I have since found out that it is an issue where I cannot hear anyone else. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. I think speakerphone works and a headset works, but I would like to be able to use my phone as a phone all the time.

yes, that's it, microphone pressure contact issue was also my problem. Not difficult to access, it was a bit dust on this. Cleaning it do the tricks.

In my case the screen has been remplaced, it could explains the issue. (Sorry for my bad english)

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

i hope dust isn't easily infiltrated into the phone's microphone?  was this a brand new out of the factory issue? or did this problem occur over time with your daily use of the phone?  I'm now worried, since i work in very dusty environments every day.. but i always keep my phone in the carrying pouch, that they provided with the phone.

4 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

i hope dust isn't easily infiltrated into the phone's microphone?  was this a brand new out of the factory issue? or did this problem occur over time with your daily use of the phone?  I'm now worried, since i work in very dusty environments every day.. but i always keep my phone in the carrying pouch, that they provided with the phone.

Due to the nature of the sleeve it will not protect the open end from dust. So for a "very dusty environment" I would suggest to find/make a deeper sleeve, where you can fold over the excess end to better protect the device. (Not only for the microphone and speakers)

13 minutes ago, internationaltraitor said:

i think you're right, i should get another case, just for work.  since that excess of at least 2 inches, would feel kind of flappy in the pocket, and would rather use the given snug fit case when outside of work.

A very cheap and simple solution could be to find a suitable small plastic back to stick the sleeve and phone in while at work. It will also be easier to change/clean than most sleeves/cases