[SOLD] I'm selling my Pro1

Ahoi,

I got my Pro1 a few days ago and I tested it for a week. I'm pretty happy with it but I realized that I don't really use the keyboard that much. So I switched back to my old phone which I like more and I'm selling my Pro1. I still think it's amazing that we finally get a keyboard phone again I just got used to touchscreens in the meantime and the keyboard doesn't give me the big benefit I got from the Nokia N950 where I had a real linux underneath. Android is just not the same. 😉

It's the QWERTY model and I'm based in Berlin, Germany. I can ship it to where ever you want as long as you pay the fee or you can get it directly if you visit me. 🙂

I would like to have ~700€ for it. The condition is still brand new as I just used it for a few days The box even smells still new. If you want more pictures I can post some later.

I hope the device finds a nice new home and makes someone else happy.

pro1.jpg

Edited by Guest
7 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

try it out for a few weeks, i'm sure you will get used to the keyboard ?

Agree, a lot of us seem to have forgotten how long it took the get used to a n900 and such alike. Yeah it was easier, but because we switched over from t9 which was even slower than touchscreens. 
At the beginning I also though I am using the touchscreen quite a lot. Now after 9 months, it is all fluid. I use the touchscreen to answer a quick 'yes' on a message, get a reply, switch open the keyboard, type in an answer. All done in a natural movement without thinking about it.
The longer I use it, the more important the Keyboard gets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
13 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

If you prefer a more pure Linux experience you should know that an ubuntu port exists. I'm not sure how far it has been developed though.

Sailfish also is a whole lot more like a normal Linux, and that one is quite polished on Pro1.

• Thanks 1

Thx for the suggestions but I don't think I'll change my mind. Back when I had my Nokia N950, Maemo was a pretty usable thing and I didn't miss and also wasn't really used to android or ios. Now after I used Android for a few years going back to one of the current alternatives just feels like a huge step backwards. Back in the days it was fun to have something special and it was ok that you didn't have the major apps and needed to use alternatives etc. Now I just want something that works.

Currently I'm using a Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro with lineageos and I'm pretty happy with it. The main purpose for my phone is scrolling through reddit and some light messaging. The Pro1s keyboard is a bit overkill for that and I really dislike the curved screen and that it doesn't have an always on screen. Also I really miss the double tap to wake. The battery barely lasts a full day. My other phone can easily do 2 days.

So yeah. I still want to sell it. I could also need the money. I got a new hobby which turns out to be a bit expensive. 😉

3 hours ago, XenGi said:

Thx for the suggestions but I don't think I'll change my mind. Back when I had my Nokia N950, Maemo was a pretty usable thing and I didn't miss and also wasn't really used to android or ios. Now after I used Android for a few years going back to one of the current alternatives just feels like a huge step backwards. Back in the days it was fun to have something special and it was ok that you didn't have the major apps and needed to use alternatives etc. Now I just want something that works.

Currently I'm using a Xiaomi Mi 9t Pro with lineageos and I'm pretty happy with it. The main purpose for my phone is scrolling through reddit and some light messaging. The Pro1s keyboard is a bit overkill for that and I really dislike the curved screen and that it doesn't have an always on screen. Also I really miss the double tap to wake. The battery barely lasts a full day. My other phone can easily do 2 days.

So yeah. I still want to sell it. I could also need the money. I got a new hobby which turns out to be a bit expensive. 😉

Anywhere you're selling it for people possibly interested?

14 hours ago, KarliG said:

Anywhere you're selling it for people possibly interested?

I thought I would just ask here. If you're interested just write me a DM or something. I didn't want to go through ebay because I don't want to give some corp money for a service this forum could give me for free. 😉

• Guest changed the title to [SOLD] I'm selling my Pro1