Substratum support?

I did have Substratum running when I was still running rooted with my first Pro1. Sure enough, it worked (it's mostly stock Android after all). The non-rooted variant? I don't think so. iirc that one only works up to Android 8 anyways.

Other flavors of Android for the Pro1 probably give you the option for darker themes too, but you'll have to ask someone else about those.

• Thanks 1

Lineage gives you a dark UI but not dark notifications. 

4 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

Other flavors of Android for the Pro1 probably give you the option for darker themes too, but you'll have to ask someone else about those.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

I did have Substratum running when I was still running rooted with my first Pro1. Sure enough, it worked (it's mostly stock Android after all). The non-rooted variant? I don't think so. iirc that one only works up to Android 8 anyways.

Thnx for the info! What would the easyest rooting method be for the Pro1? Also, did WhatsApp still work after root?

Edited by Rud

For stock Magisk would be your only option I think. Otherwise you can just enable superuser access on Lineage and other ROMs, I think.
There's a Pro1 Magisk guide here: 

Is it still 100% up to date? I don't know. Should still mostly work the same. I recommend checking the last posts in there too for more recent info.
No idea if WhatsApp still works as I don't use it. Hiding root supposedly still works in Magisk, but Google has been moving forward towards making it impossible, so that may break at any point in time.
Again, this is all just from memory, so things may not be 100% correct anymore. I haven't been running my Pro1 rooted since February.

• Thanks 1