notification LED light and sound started working properly with SIGNAL-app

i began using a few days ago SIGNAL for all SMS/phone/video calls with my FxTec Pro1 - and, voilà, miraculously and finally, the LED notification light and related notification sound for incoming SMS messages started to work as expected, meaning the LED color is now adjustable and the (media) volume for the related audio beep also, from muted to actually quite loud !  and it seems to work reliably for days - as compared as to the previous scenario where these settings kept changing or stopped working entirely till the next reboot.   anyway, SIGNAL-app for Android did it for me, not to speak about the privacy and security benefits this software comes with.   just wanted to share this with the crowd...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

me too actually - it appears to follow some random pattern in terms of functionality.  it worked initially for 2-3 days, what surprise, but now ... once in a while it plays the notification sound, quasi randomly, that's it, so much for the brief joy...sigh !

• Sad 1

just to be sure, have you tried checking if the top part is 'clicked' together. Some have reported that it can get loose, and that we can simply snap it back with just a squeeze between two fingers. That MIGHT explain the random behaviour.
See it described with images here.

nop, the TOP PART is in place, it's fine for the last year or so.  at that time i had to exchange the touch screen which works right ever since.

but what definitely and robustly improved (no random behaviour) is the CALL VOLUME function for calls via SIGNAL. my ear drums finally don't get anymore perforated when i answer or do a call with SIGNAL.   but i believe i still have no control whatsoever over call loudness when speaking over the REGULAR phone service.

and what also seem to work reliably is the LED NOTIFICATION LIGHT, as said earlier, in terms of color control and actual blinking for new messages or calls.

it's mainly the NOTIFICATION SOUND that works erroneously, on and off.

• Thanks 1

I have fxtecpro1 and the RED LED light started blinking since yesterday and hasn't stopped. How can i get it to stop? 

I know it turns red while charging and then green when comes near to full charge. 

If anyone knows how to turn off please let me know, thank you

16 hours ago, Gil said:

I have fxtecpro1 and the RED LED light started blinking since yesterday and hasn't stopped. How can i get it to stop? 

I know it turns red while charging and then green when comes near to full charge. 

If anyone knows how to turn off please let me know, thank you

The led would flah red on low battery or on some notifications, check if you have a notification pending and discard them if so. Otherwise if the battery is lower then 15%it would flash too. Finally if it still flash just reboot it. After all this it shouldn't flash anymore.