2 Recent discoveries that go together well. (Music Player + Wireless Earbuds.)

Just a heads up about a nice little music player and and earbuds that I recently found.

The music player can be found in the Play Store or in Aurora Store and goes by the name of "Musicolet". The features of this player are endless and it's completely free with NO ADS and completely offline.
2 of the features I particularly like are the in app tag editor and the choice of equalizer bands (from 3 band right up to 31 bands), both of which I've never seen in a completely free player.

No.2 is in the shape of a pair of ear buds that came yesterday. Soundcore Life A2 NC True Wireless https://uk.soundcore.com/collections/true-wireless/products/life-a2-nc The sound of these is unbelievable. I had a little bit of trouble with pairing with the Pro1 but that's down to the fact that Bluetooth is still a bit of a kludge with Android. But they connected flawlessly with my Sailfish Xperia 10 II (haven't tried them with that device yet, but I will do.) They need an Android or iOS app to work 100% so not sure if that will work via Sailfish, but it's worth a try.

EDIT: Oh and one other thing Musicolet works great in landscape with some support for the keys e.g. Navigate around the screen with arrow keys and space or return activates the selected control.

Edited by MickH
2 hours ago, Hook said:

Just curious... what are the in-app purchases.  Says they are there, but doesn't say what for in the store description. Says "3.99 - $4.29 per item."

Not sure. I haven't found any in app purchases. The app doesn't have internet permissions, so it wouldn't be able to download anything. Nothing on the developers website either https://krosbits.in/musicolet/. Could be for donations to the developers.

6 hours ago, MickH said:

EDIT: Oh and one other thing Musicolet works great in landscape with some support for the keys e.g. Navigate around the screen with arrow keys and space or return activates the selected control.

He he, so this IS relevant to the Pro after all. *LOL*

8 hours ago, MickH said:

I'm using Vanilla from F-Droid. It can also use the keyboard to navigate around the controls and has a two-column landscape mode. Thought that was pretty standard. And no in-app purchases (as expected from F-Droid software).

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1