Pro1x power button stuck / badly seated?

I received my Pro1x from IGG contribution; I already have the original Pro1 from years ago.  I opened the box and played with it a little and the cameras definitely seem better quality.

However, I've noticed that the power button seems to be stuck on one side and not seated properly.  I'm attaching a photo to show how it is stuck/depressed on the top edge and raised up on the bottom edge (when holding the phone in the normal orientation with the camera towards the top).  This is distinctly different from how the power button on my existing pro1 sits and I immediately felt it as being wierd.  I'm concerned this will become a long term durability problem.  I know with my current pro1 over the last year a normal press of the power button is frequently acting as a double press as I get prompted asking which camera app I want to open.  I mention this because it's an example of weardown after only a few years.  With this improperly seated button on the pro1x I expect a problem sooner.

I emailed support about it to see what they say.  But I'm wondering if others that received their Pro1x notice the same thing about that power button of mine is just 'special'?

IMG_20220811_001157~2.jpg

Edited by KingOfTerrible

I currently only got a unit that is not retail, so MIGHT be different. My button is quite loose, but if I do not touch it, it tilts one way similar to your picture. If I press at the opposite end, it tilts the other way.

The active contact is near the middle of the button.

If yours stay down pressing at the other end, it could indicate that 'something' is between the frame and the button. And I assume it is unlikely to get rid of this without opening the device.

10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I currently only got a unit that is not retail, so MIGHT be different. My button is quite loose, but if I do not touch it, it tilts one way similar to your picture. If I press at the opposite end, it tilts the other way.

The active contact is near the middle of the button.

If yours stay down pressing at the other end, it could indicate that 'something' is between the frame and the button. And I assume it is unlikely to get rid of this without opening the device.

There is no way to get the depressed side to lift up.  I can press the lower edge (left side of picture) and it will click the actual button underneath,  If it rocked back and forth like you describe I would see that as fine.  But it's stuck with the one side depressed.  On my Pro1 it's firmly sticking out and even on both sides.

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, KingOfTerrible said:

There is no way to get the depressed side to lift up.  I can press the lower edge (left side of picture) and it will click the actual button underneath,  If it rocked back and forth like you describe I would see that as fine.  But it's stuck with the one side depressed.  On my Pro1 it's firmly sticking out and even on both sides.

Sad. Then something is stuck between the case and the button. So the only thing to do is to have it opened and have whatever it is removed. So await what support suggest you to do.
IF they suggests you to open it your self, and you feel comfortable doing so, then please take (and share) some photos doing so, as we have only the FCC images of the interior of the Pro1X, there should be some visible differences compared to the Pro1.

47 minutes ago, brunoais said:

Mine is nothing like that. It moves with a firm *click* when I press and completely flat when depressed. Same for the volume buttons. All of those have a high pich "TIK" "TUK" sound. The camera button is similar but muffled sound.

Note that mine is not a retail unit, so could have been improved since 🙂

• Like 1