Quick Question on size of keys on the Pro 1X

Hi everyone,

Still waiting for mine but in the meantime, may I ask, anyone that has received their Pro1X, would you please measure the height and width in mm  of a key on the keyboard for me please. I want to get a good idea of whether or not I will like typing on it. If it is too small, I will probably just sell it.

Thanks so much!

Not highly precise measurement but a usual key of Pro1(X) is around 5x8mm as per my measurement.
Top row is about 4mm in height.

...but I suggest you to try a similar keyboard in real life instead, as keys are much smaller than your thumb but still you can feel them accurately.
Also, Nokia N900 had similar keys (a bit smaller size) which was still a good keyboard.

So it is not easy to decide if it is too small prior of trying.

Also, a bigger problem may be the phone (thus, keyboard) width [landscape] which may lead to some inconvenience if you have small hands (smaller than usual).

• Thanks 3
4 hours ago, VaZso said:

Not highly precise measurement but a usual key of Pro1(X) is around 5x8mm as per my measurement.

...but I suggest you to try a similar keyboard in real life instead, as keys are much smaller than your thumb but still you can feel them accurately.
Also, Nokia N900 had similar keys (a bit smaller size) which was still a good keyboard.

So it is not easy to decide if it is too small prior of trying.

Also, a bigger problem may be the phone (thus, keyboard) width [landscape] which may lead to some inconvenience if you have small hands (smaller than usual).

Thanks so much for your response! That actually gives me a very good idea. I just bought a Unihertz Titan and it is a breeze to type on for me and it's keys are approx 7 wide by 6 high...depending on the key. I have medium sized hands so my fingers' are crossed on the width of the phone. I think I will be just find with it, but you are right - not until I get it in my hands, will I really know. Thanks again.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, VaZso said:

And if you look at the size of the grid the keys are in (that is including the space between the keys) it is roughly 6x9.6mm
They Slim's keys are neck to neck sidewise. They are 6x6.2mm in a 7x6.2mm grid, so slightly higher grid, though the width is 35-36% less on the Slim.

The typing experience is quite different though. On one Hand you can write a-z and space text with one hand on the Slim, with no punctuation or national letters or other symbols. The Pro1/Pro1X gives a much more 'normal' typing experience, BUT is really awkward to type on with one hand only, while keeping some sort of a secure grip. Not even just plain text.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

And if you look at the size of the grid the keys are in (that is including the space between the keys) it is roughly 6x9.6mm
They Slim's keys are neck to neck sidewise. They are 6x6.2mm in a 7x6.2mm grid, so slightly higher grid, though the width is 35-36% less on the Slim.

...and this is a Nokia N900 near a Pro1X.
That has a key size of about 6x7mm and keys are neck to neck in every directions like a grid which makes it strange for first look.
Also the number of keys was much smaller - still it was a very useful keyboard (and Maemo was a really good OS by that time).

image.thumb.png.7d7b4922fa5ee1c99bafce4458514df2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2