U.S. Carrier Advise Needed

Hi everyone! Ive had the Fxtec for over 2 years now and have been mostly loving it. Been on T-mobile with no issues until recently, and now it appears nearly everyone in NYC is having massive issues over the last few months. I have been not receiving calls/texts and this is on multiple phones across multiple people I know, even after upgrading any sim cards. So I want to switch, but Im afraid for my fxtec Pro1.

I would like to switch over to Verizon, but Im not sure what the current status of this phone is on their service. Has anyone been having good luck with them and is there anything to note about it? I checked some of the other topics but there were all about 2 years old and I know the switch to 5g and killing off 3g has made the situation different than back then. And will the Pro1x have better band support for Verizon if I chose to "upgrade"?

Any info would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Edited by wuwtk1
  • Sad 2

It just so happens that I got my moved my Verizon sim card from a Flip 3 (a 5G device) to my shiny new Pro1-X, using UNKNOWN_DEATH's instructions on page 3 of:

So far data and voice are working perfectly.  Tested voice using the Verizon phone#, and then via Google Voice (set to use the carrier only vs using wifi/mobile data).

Tried Google Fi a few years back and it was horrendous in NYC (Lower Manhattan) -- that used Sprint and T-Mo.  Both sucked.

48 minutes ago, wuwtk1 said:

Hi everyone! Ive had the Fxtec for over 2 years now and have been mostly loving it. Been on T-mobile with no issues until recently, and now it appears nearly everyone in NYC is having massive issues over the last few months. I have been not receiving calls/texts and this is on multiple phones across multiple people I know, even after upgrading any sim cards. So I want to switch, but Im afraid for my fxtec Pro1.

I would like to switch over to Verizon, but Im not sure what the current status of this phone is on their service. Has anyone been having good luck with them and is there anything to note about it? I checked some of the other topics but there were all about 2 years old and I know the switch to 5g and killing off 3g has made the situation different than back then. And will the Pro1x have better band support for Verizon if I chose to "upgrade"?

Any info would be greatly appreciated 🙂

If a large number of people with different phones in NYC are having problems, it sounds like a system outage of some kind, not a Pro 1 problem.  Either T-Mobile is working on infrastructure or there has been a breakdown in the local system.  I would check with T-Mobile and see if they are aware of problems.  This may pass, as annoying as any system downtime is. I know of no move by T-Mobile to whitelist phones like AT&T and Verizon.

Another possibility is is T-Mobile in NYC is moving to use one of their newer bands (I think it's band 71, but that's off the top of my head) more.  It's a band that's not included on the Pro1 or Pro1x, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't leave the other bands for fallback.

AT&T and Verizon, on the other hand, are actively seeking  to whitelist phones. You can get Verizon to work on the Pro1 (see the best answer post in the Verizon thread @EskeRahn posted above) but it seems to break after a while for some people. You will, however, need a muled SIM, that is a SIM card that has been activated in a Verizon approved phone, and then transfer that SIM to the Pro1.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Hook said:

If a large number of people with different phones in NYC are having problems, it sounds like a system outage of some kind, not a Pro 1 problem.  Either T-Mobile is working on infrastructure or there has been a breakdown in the local system.  I would check with T-Mobile and see if they are aware of problems.  This may pass, as annoying as any system downtime is. I know of no move by T-Mobile to whitelist phones like AT&T and Verizon.

Another possibility is is T-Mobile in NYC is moving to use one of their newer bands (I think it's band 71, but that's off the top of my head) more.  It's a band that's not included on the Pro1 or Pro1x, but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't leave the other bands for fallback.

AT&T and Verizon, on the other hand, are actively seeking  to whitelist phones. You can get Verizon to work on the Pro1 (see the best answer post in the Verizon thread @EskeRahn posted above) but it seems to break after a while for some people. You will, however, need a muled SIM, that is a SIM card that has been activated in a Verizon approved phone, and then transfer that SIM to the Pro1.

Yeah, I hear that but its been ever since they started closing down the Sprint towers, laid off a bunch of workers, and gave other pay cuts... So Im taking a "if there's smoke, there's fire" mentality with this. And on top of that Ive been in charge of mobile phone administration at several companies in NYC and without fail, Verizon is always the most reliable choice, so Im convinced they will be better overall. 

Called and went to several T-Mobile stores and everyone of them blamed it on my phone and failed to recognize that my Pixel 6A was having the same issue, or they would just say the phone is too new or something (wtf?). I'm quite frustrated with T-Mobile at this point.

• Like 1