Connecting fx pro tec 1 to PC as a drive

Hello

I know this is a dumb question but my Fx1 wont connect to pc as a disk no matter what cabel I use and I wonder if this is some sort of bug or maybe malfunction?

Or do I have to do something in menu?Every single other android phone can be connected to pc as a drive so I dont think fx cant do that yet it doesnt not ask me if I want only charge a phone or share files with pc ...

and my other Q i cant find answer ,what type of battery this phone has?I wanna buy new one yet I cant find it anywhere

any1 pls ?

Otherwise this is the best phone I ever had ,cool keyboard and everything...

best regads

Jakub

Just to make sure, do you get the "Charging this device via USB" persistent notification after connecting to the PC? You need to swipe down to see it, there's no special icon in the status bar except the flash overlay on the battery symbol. If you tap that notification, it should tell you "tap for more options", and these ought to include "File transfer"?

Regarding spare batteries, even after many of us have been searching the internet, the only known source is F(x)tec themselves, but none of the spare batteries which are offered on Indiegogo have actually been shipped so far (as far as I know).

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 1

Another option would be to desolder the emmc chip from the phone, put it in an adapter so you can connect it to the PC.

You would still need some software to handle the partition table on the emmc which has an offset. Then you should be able to access the partitions. You may also need to add support for the filesystems.

This will most likely void your "warranty".

But is probably the only way to access the partitions on an android device.

13 minutes ago, ScarFez said:

Another option would be to desolder the emmc chip from the phone, put it in an adapter so you can connect it to the PC.

But is probably the only way to access the partitions on an android device.

Interesting answer but I'm pretty sure they just want it to work the same as a USB stick, like most phones do.

Also desoldering anything on any device is definitely going to void your warranty 🤣

Edited by suicidal_orange
1 hour ago, ScarFez said:

I am sad to interrupt a bit but I am afraid there is no eMMC chip in Pro1/Pro1x...
...however, there is a UFS chip which holds partitions in question. 😄

Sorry 😛

On 12/29/2022 at 12:04 PM, VaZso said:

I am sad to interrupt a bit but I am afraid there is no eMMC chip in Pro1/Pro1x...
...however, there is a UFS chip which holds partitions in question. 😄

Sorry 😛

Where can i find the details for that chip so i can find the pin-out ? For the Pro1X with 256 GB storage

1 hour ago, ScarFez said:

Where can i find the details for that chip so i can find the pin-out ? For the Pro1X with 256 GB storage

I don't know but as far as I know, it is the same as in Pro1 - if that helps a bit. 🙂

Happy New Year for all! :)

Edited by VaZso
8 hours ago, VaZso said:

I don't know but as far as I know, it is the same as in Pro1 - if that helps a bit. 🙂

Well the Pro1 has 128MB, and the Pro1X exists in 256 and 128MB variants. But I do not think that we can assume that it is the same pin-out. As the whole pcb has been changed for the new chipset for the pro1X, they might have chosen a different UFS chip.

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Well the Pro1 has 128MB, and the Pro1X exists in 256 and 128MB variants. But I do not think that we can assume that it is the same pin-out. As the whole pcb has been changed for the new chipset for the pro1X, they might have chosen a different UFS chip.

Right, Pro1 had the option of 256GB version but was never available and they wanted to offer also 256GB variant for Pro1X - however, there is no official information if they kept the same pinout for Pro1X after PCB redesign.

So right, that is still a question.