Fxtec seems to be playing games with Requested Refund

Hello everyone,

As times are very tough in the US right now, I requested a refund on March 17th, 2023 for the Pro 1X that I purchased from the website and not Indiegogo.

There have been several back and forth emails with Francisco at Fxtec requesting exact information because my order number and link to the purchase on their website was not enough for them.

I have now sent screenshots of my order on their website and am sadly considering going to the Better Business Bureau as well as HM Courts and Tribunals Service. I bought the Pro 1x in good faith and am not seeing that in return from Fxtec.

I am truly sorry to have to alert everyone as this is never my go-to action, but I am finding I have no choice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, linparda said:

I am truly sorry to have to alert everyone as this is never my go-to action, but I am finding I have no choice.

Don't feel like you need to be sorry. Fxtec have been avoiding giving refunds to a lot of us. They were quick to take our money though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I say take whatever means necessary. Fxtec does not have a legal leg to stand on, so they won't dispute/refute any claims.

As far as Francisco, that's just a generic name that is used for all email replies to make it seem like you are talking to an individual rather than whomever is answering the emails that day.

Good luck.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sequestris said:

As far as Francisco, that's just a generic name that is used for all email replies to make it seem like you are talking to an individual rather than whomever is answering the emails that day.

Seems odd if true (and maybe it is since all of my customer support for the past year has been handled by him exclusively-- I just assumed they only had one guy.)  That name as FxTec staff is also on Discord, but he never says anything.

But if it's made up... why "Francisco" as CS for a UK company.  As in "San..."?  Now I'm curious. 😉 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Hook said:

Seems odd if true (and maybe it is since all of my customer support for the past year has been handled by him exclusively-- I just assumed they only had one guy.)  That name as FxTec staff is also on Discord, but he never says anything.

But if it's made up... why "Francisco" as CS for a UK company.  As in "San..."?  Now I'm curious. 😉 

I know right? But that there is one guy fielding all social media and emails and all customer support? For thousands of customers?
I highly doubt that. Busy guy. Maybe they have been reading Atlas Shrugged too much.