(REQ HELP) Pro1-x Trying to Flash

Okay first off, me and adb never have gotten along very well.

Samsung Odin and LG Flash Tools have me spoiled, and I've been rooting and flashing, but for some reason, maybe the many devices and drivers I've always had, adb never and I played well together.

But I'm getting to unrecognized error, I don't think Pro1-x is showing up correctly Windows shows in the popup plug and play QX1050 when switching between usb functions.

Other then that I can't get adb or fastboot to detect any devices.

I want to install LineageOS or SailfishOS and Droidan.

Any help on how to get adb to recognize.

New device nothing else is installed on it Microsoft Surface Pro 5 indows 11 x64.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, dorkydicken said:

Okay first off, me and adb never have gotten along very well.

Samsung Odin and LG Flash Tools have me spoiled, and I've been rooting and flashing, but for some reason, maybe the many devices and drivers I've always had, adb never and I played well together.

But I'm getting to unrecognized error, I don't think Pro1-x is showing up correctly Windows shows in the popup plug and play QX1050 when switching between usb functions.

Other then that I can't get adb or fastboot to detect any devices.

I want to install LineageOS or SailfishOS and Droidan.

Any help on how to get adb to recognize.

New device nothing else is installed on it Microsoft Surface Pro 5 indows 11 x64.

Thanks

I have no experience with a Surface Pro (and very little with Win 11), but Windows has always been a bit finicky with fastboot and adb (or, rather, properly connecting with the phone you are using them on.  If you have a USB2 hub around, I would try that, USB2 often works better than USB3.  Also try different ports, if the Surface has more than one, and different cables. 

I assume you enabled Developer Options for Android on your Pro1x and then turned on debug?

I gave up on using my Windows 10 laptop for this and now use an old Thinkpad X230 running Manjaro Linux and a USB 2.0 Hub attached.  Connects perfectly every time. 

Hopefully, someone with more experience with Win 11 will answer here.

P.S.  Odin was one of the primary reasons I swore off Samsung  😄

• Like 1

I might do that as well, or windows 7.

What all rom's /os'es are we able to dual-boot? Droidian/SailfishOS, SailfishOS/Android, SailfishOS/Ubuntu Touch? I see no point in dual booting two mobile linux os'es - Droidian/Ubuntu Touch.

Got a Dell 3160 for $50 bucks. 

Yup it's kinda stupid how Windows 10 and ADB don't play along together very well. 

Always remember having more luck with ADB and Windows 7. SMH

I got this device as an early adapter digital toy and communication device. AT Least I only paid $400 for it on eBay. 

Right click start
Computer Management
Device Manager

Look for unknow devices or Other devices 
If you come across anything Google or Android, delete the device and drivers. Re-connect your phone while it is in fastboot mode, and then let Windows search for drivers.
You may find them in:

Settings
Windows Update
Advanced Options
Optional Updates

That should work. Flashing my Pro1x on a new W11 pc while I'm typing.

• Thanks 2

Yup I did all that and nothing, when powered up I'd make the Windjammer confection chime  and balloon notify on screen QX1050 is connected., last night playing around with some other drivers I managed to get fastboot to give me some other message than the red one.

This is a brand new fresh install of Windows 11 on my Surface Pro 5 and none of my other phones have been installed on it even yet.

When this Dell Latitude 3160 comes I'm going to dismay it to 7 and dual boot it with a friendly version of Linux, and use it just specifically for phone flashing.

Other devices/phones: 

CAT S22 Flip, Samsung S8, Unihertz Titan Pocket, f(X)Tec Pro1-x, Motorola G Pure, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold.

Is have tried it on the X1 Folks but right now I don't have a USB type c hub.

Edited by dorkydicken

https://androiddatahost.com/jzkh5

If this doesn't work, I suggest you start looking at the USB/ mainboard/ Chipset drivers. The included ADB driver works on my machines (GPD WIN4, Toshiba Z30C and Toshiba 10T). THe latter two are on unsupported W11 which I managed to install. So it's worth giving it a shot.
THose weird error messages in ADB and Fastboot are usually the byproduct of the wrong drivers...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dorkydicken said:

Okay anyone have a tute on how to flash in Linux?
I'm using BlendOS 

I do not know BlendOS, but it appears it can use the Ubuntu package repositories.

In that case a simple

sudo apt install adb fastboot

should provide you with everything you need to follow e.g. the flashing instructions from the LineageOS wiki.

3 hours ago, claude0001 said:

I do not know BlendOS, but it appears it can use the Ubuntu package repositories.

In that case a simple

sudo apt install adb fastboot

should provide you with everything you need to follow e.g. the flashing instructions from the LineageOS wiki.

BlendOS Caught my attention with native android apk support and GnomeOS implementation, but it uses Arch Linux.

18 minutes ago, dorkydicken said:

but it uses Arch Linux

According to their website, you can use "apt, dnf, pacman and yay" interchangeably. apt will use the Ubuntu repos, pacman those from Arch, and dnf will get its packages from Fedora.

P.S.: As a hardcore Debian user, who even hesitates to mix "stable" and "testing" packages, I am horrified by the idea to blend together several distributions that are completely unrelated. But that's a different question ... 😉

Edited by claude0001

Okay so MacOS Plays well for me with ADB, some dumb reason well two the Dell I had ordered had a messed up power button on it making it impossible to turn on without fighting with the power button and another reason sudo or apt didn't want to work properly even when I downloaded and extracted the zip files, found a decent MacBook Pro at a low price in a local pawn shop and it's picking adb and list devices picks my fxtec up, so come after this weekend or sometime this week I'm gunna give it a go, after I get everything downloaded to it and organized.