Pro1X: Unreliable headphone jack?

My Pro1X only registers the fact that I've plugged in headphones about half the time, maybe less.  It's not the other end of the connection; everything else works fine with that.  

Sometimes everything works correctly.

Sometimes the headphones are just ignored.

Most often, though, *some* of the sound is played over the headphones, and *some* of the sound is played over the phone speakers; both volumes are quieter than when either is working properly, so apparently the electrical signal is actually being split, which is *ugh*.

Anyone know what's going on here?

• Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't replicate this problem at my end, and all I could suggest as a start is trying a few different sets of headphones or earphones to see if you get different results, and also to check if you consistently get the little headphone symbol in the status bar when you plug in.  

• Like 2
On 5/26/2023 at 4:14 AM, rlpowell said:

My Pro1X only registers the fact that I've plugged in headphones about half the time, maybe less.  It's not the other end of the connection; everything else works fine with that.  

Sometimes everything works correctly.

Sometimes the headphones are just ignored.

Most often, though, *some* of the sound is played over the headphones, and *some* of the sound is played over the phone speakers; both volumes are quieter than when either is working properly, so apparently the electrical signal is actually being split, which is *ugh*.

Anyone know what's going on here?

We would be happy to take your unit for repair. We have new PCB's for the headphone jack module and. would believe this can fix the problem. Please send us an email to [email protected] and quote this forum. Thanks

• Like 3

As @MonCon suggests, try another headset before going for sending for repair. Or an extension cord or the like.

At some point (not Pro1/Pro1X) I had a headset with similar issues, where a simple L-shaped extension plug fixed it. The problem was that the plug simply could not go deep enough, it lacked a fraction of a millimetre, but worked fine in many other places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2