Is fxtec still in business?

I don't think so. As they still have orders to fullfil I assume "out of stock" is the only correct way to list the phone on their page.

When talking with their support they told I would get a replacement unit, but as shipment is (and has been) so slow it will take them some time to replace my phone.

I do believe that to be a honest statement, so they will still fullfil their orders (slowly).

• Like 2

Pro1 X at this stage is mostly vaporware and at least 2 years too late... Though to be fair I wish they would still take order so that I could claim my money back while they keep the Ponzi scheme running 🤣

Just being sarcastic. There is no reason to believe any intent to wrong their customers. It looks like they are still trying their best to fullfil the orders but the project really went to shit on so many levels. Even the X they do manage to deliver are not really usable as smartphones apparently...

3 hours ago, gordon said:

I would very much like to get an Pro1 X but it seems they've stopped shipping

Given that a significant number of Pro1-Xes have been grey-marketed, and given the significant problems it causes many users, unboxed-but-unused Pro1-X pop up on E-bay all the time. It shouldn't be hard to get one if you really want it.

Be warned though: my Pro1-X absolutely cannot work as a smartphone due to missing LTE connectivity in my area (EU/Germany). I have a perfectly-working original Pro1 as direct comparison. The X has quite a number of other bugs, but none is as dealbreaking as its missing mobile network connection ...