Pro1 no longer works with mobile sims

Hi

Here in Australia my Pro1 no longer works with mobile carriers.

and they say its because with new changes the mobile phone needs to have VOILTE.

seems like Pro1 doesnt have.

and so its become useless.

does anyone have this issue? is there any solution?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, kashif said:

Hi

Here in Australia my Pro1 no longer works with mobile carriers.

and they say its because with new changes the mobile phone needs to have VOILTE.

seems like Pro1 doesnt have.

and so its become useless.

does anyone have this issue? is there any solution?

Thanks

The Pro1 is certainly capable of VoLTE, but it depends on both the carrier's willingness to let it onto their network and whether VoLTE has been provisioned in a way that will work on the Pro1 with their SIM card.  In the past few years, more and more carriers have been moving to allow only whitelisted phones.  Here in the US, with a Pro1 (or Pro1x) you can no longer use AT&T, You can use Verizon only if you have a SIM that has been activated in a a Verizon approved phone and moved to the Pro1 (and it doesn't always work).  Only T-Mobile US and T-Mobile US MVNOs work well at this point.  I don't know about Australia, but wouldn't be surprised if the same thing is going on.

You can check the phone menu by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and seeing if the VoLTE toggles are on.  If they are greyed out, the SIM isn't provisioned for VoLTE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Other than the VoLTE toggles, there isn't much.  You can look under Settings if any "preferred network type" settings work better than others or if you have the right Access Point names selected (if there is more than one-- sometimes there isn't.

It doesnt seems to work

i tried dialing that code but it doesnt do much and error saying unable to connect.

i can no longer make calls or receive calls.

but the mobile data works and i can brose.

so there is nothing i can do?

anyone has any other solution?

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, Hook said:

You can check the phone menu by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and seeing if the VoLTE toggles are on.  If they are greyed out, the SIM isn't provisioned for VoLTE.

Slightly more complex.

It means that the SIM isn't provisioned for VoLTE on this phone model,

The same SIM might work just fine for VoLTE in a phone model the carrier has white-listed,.

Is that the correct code? I tried it on my current daily driver (Titan Slim) and it did nothing at all, while VoLTE is actually enabled and working for both SIMs in the settings...?

2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Is that the correct code? I tried it on my current daily driver (Titan Slim) and it did nothing at all, while VoLTE is actually enabled and working for both SIMs in the settings...?

That code, using the phone dialer, works on both my Pro1 and Pro1x. Takes me to the phone info page.  What's interesting is on both my Pro1 and Pro1x, the VoLTE toggles are grayed out, but grayed out in the "on" position and I know both are using VoLTE.  Both are on Lineage. But I should also point out that that code worked fine on stock as well.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Slightly more complex.

It means that the SIM isn't provisioned for VoLTE on this phone model,

The same SIM might work just fine for VoLTE in a phone model the carrier has white-listed,.

I dont know about the whitelist

Vodafone said there is no list. just that any phone not full supporting volte hardware will not work

3 hours ago, kashif said:

I dont know about the whitelist

Vodafone said there is no list. just that any phone not full supporting volte hardware will not work

I Denmark it is quite common that the carriers only allow white-listed phones in on VoLTE, though not all Danish carriers uses white-lists. I think the same goes for other countries.

In the US most carriers seems to be even more picky in letting phones onto their network, not only limiting VoLTE. The whole mess with using mule-phones to activate a sim, so a not white-listed phone can work, has been a common US workaround long before Pro1/Pro1X...

9 minutes ago, kashif said:

so there is nothing we can do?

AFAIK Not with that carrier, no. ;(

It might work with another less picky carrier. I have zero knowledge on the possibilities in Australia.
We have a thread that might help here:
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2536-network-compatibility
And there is this related to New Zealand: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3542-4g-lte-fdd-band-28-700-mhz-support-in-new-zealand

• Like 2