53 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

They are at 102% 😉

And apparently, no one knows about the secret perk ($325) as that number hasn't changed much in two weeks-- either that or there was only 30 people on the wait list.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

My Minimal is coming with a 2024 Cadillac Seville. After years of Hondas, it'll be good to drive American again.

Seriously, though, I'm glad they made and I'll be watching their progress throughout. 

• Haha 1

They extended the campaign 3 more days.  I noticed they upped the  pledge amount to $375, but more interestingly upped the retail value to $500.  Would not surprise if, if they do make it to retail, it might end up at the $599 price,

Interestingly, they still have the secret perk at $325 for those who were sent the link because they were on the waitlist.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It's sort of weird and interesting to continue to follow this thing. I suspect most of the conversation seems to be in the Discord server where only backers are allowed.  How weird is it for a phone aimed at reducing scrolling should go to social media for communication. Lol.They don't seem to answer a lot of questions on IGG anymore.  Will wait and see if they keep posting updates.

They have moved to "IN Demand" and now, suddenly the proposed retail price has lowered to $439 (come on, that's no a real price, it's not arithmetic friendly :classic_tongue: ), while the perk is $390... not much difference given the risk factor in pledging.

Oh, and the $325 secret perk is still there if you were sent the link for being on the waitlist with the numbers pledged not changing. Apparently a well-kept secret.

• 4 weeks later...

Minimal developers (which may prove to be the ultimate appellation for this project) announced they were meeting with Chinese factories on April 12, but have posted no further progress, other than the hiring of tech honcho Simon Brooks, who appears to be a living person, always good.

I'd be interested in reading their discord subforum, but apparently, one needs an invite. Is there any way to lurk uninvited in Discord?

5 hours ago, jakfish said:

Minimal developers (which may prove to be the ultimate appellation for this project) announced they were meeting with Chinese factories on April 12, but have posted no further progress, other than the hiring of tech honcho Simon Brooks, who appears to be a living person, always good.

I'd be interested in reading their discord subforum, but apparently, one needs an invite. Is there any way to lurk uninvited in Discord?

Not that I know of. I do assume they will still make some updates, though maybe not often, since they are still allowing  pledges. They are clearly not answering questions much except to tell people they will send out Discord links for backers.

• Thanks 1

Interesting Minimal update. They have ostensibly, theoretically revamped the entire phone. The changes are too numerous to list here and the changes have angered some backers ("Give me back my money"), but I'm intrigued by the end result, if it happens.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-minimal-phone-first-e-ink-qwerty-phone?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhtWvBhD9ARIsAOP0Gog81m2pmAu5UUGZnnVEgkCnsJK290YNBNLpBgKvyKeR3cDz-lCRwfoaAn9wEALw_wcB#/updates/13

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, jakfish said:

Interesting Minimal update. They have ostensibly, theoretically revamped the entire phone. The changes are too numerous to list here and the changes have angered some backers ("Give me back my money"), but I'm intrigued by the end result, if it happens.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-minimal-phone-first-e-ink-qwerty-phone?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhtWvBhD9ARIsAOP0Gog81m2pmAu5UUGZnnVEgkCnsJK290YNBNLpBgKvyKeR3cDz-lCRwfoaAn9wEALw_wcB#/updates/13

That confirms they never had working prototype. If they are going to have the first kick off meeting with the manufacturer during this month then the project has barely even started. Current schedule sounds very optimistic.

The upgrade from Helio G88 to Helio G99 is very nice since Helio G99 is produced using TSMC 6nm process instead of 12nm (used in G88). The difference in power consumption is night and day. I have Qin 3 Ultra and KingKing Mini 3 phones and I can confirm the claim of better battery life. Qin 3 Ultra has better battery life even that the battery is smaller. It is still weird that they want to reduce battery size and leave features out (front camera).

- Qin 3 Ultra: Helio G99 (6nm), 2500 mAh

- KingKing 3 Mini: Helio G85 (12nm), 3000 mAh

PCMark Work 3.0 Battery test

- Qin 3 Ultra: 12h 42min

- KingKong Mini 3: 9h 3min

• Like 4

They have said the new dimensions are closer to the Passport than the Key 2.  Actually, the new changes make this more tempting to me. The elimination of a front facing camera is strange, but given the get away from social media aspect of their philosophy, maybe getting away from selfies is a good thing and you probably aren't going to use an eInk phone for Zoom.

I agree, they are never going to hit September for delivery.  They'll be lucky to  hit Christmas. I predict post Chinese New Year.

• Like 3

A new update.  Changing things up again. 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-minimal-phone-first-e-ink-qwerty-phone/x/17980121?secret_perk_token=aba958e5#/updates/all

Apparently they will offer a choice of front camera or not (located in the lower left is odd).  Also, though not in the update unless I skimmed too fast, on the Story page with specs it looks like they are making the Minimal logo button a touch pad.

Eventually they are going to have to stop these design swings and get this thing prototyped.  Lol.

Right now they seem to have a Titan Slim with a Titan Pocket width. 

• Thanks 2

Well, can't accuse them of not giving updates.  Lol.  Now there are three "color" schemes (as long as your colors are either black or white or a combination of both). Seems strange to me to be messing with this stuff now and why make the material ordering so complicated.  Lock in the design and prototype.  Get your idea to market and then iterate on the design for version 2. It would be fun to see the conversations on Discord, but I'm not paying $325 to do so.  ;-)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-minimal-phone-first-e-ink-qwerty-phone/x/17980121?secret_perk_token=aba958e5#/updates/all

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I've been watching this, too. It's always good news from Minimal; I'm surprised they aren't just giving away the phones, it's all so generous. If it's a scam, it's an interesting one. Promise upon promise, even after the money is safely somewhere else...

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...