Pro1x - failure of "Play Integrity device attestation" - please help me check the result on your device

Hello,

Since about 3 weeks ago, I started having an issue with using applications in my "work profile" on my Pro1x device  (e.g. using MS Outlook to access my work e-mails - I work in an enterprise environment). This turned out to be due to one of Google APIs used to check "device integrity" apparently started to result in a failure. Unfortunately, no details are available regarding the reasons of that failure. Before proceeding to e.g. FxTec support, I'd like to know if the issue is common on other Pro1x devices as well, or whether it may be e.g. due to some configuration or application specific to my device. Fortunately, the test is available on Google Play for anybody and it doesn't require anything special - an open source application using that API and showing the results is called "Play Integrity API Checker" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck). I'm only interested in the result from people using the official Android release (i.e. the certified one) and not rooted, preferrably with all the updates installed (in particular, make sure that the Play update is installed as well - I got one at the beginning of May this year). Specifically, I'd want to know the result of the "MEETS_DEVICE_INTEGRITY" test (i.e. the first one displayed in the application after pressing the "CHECK" button).

Thanks in advance, anybody willing to help me is most welcome!

Tomas

If I remember correctly, I had problems with getting full Google attestation on my Pro1X (stock, no root) because it came with the bootloader unlocked and I forgot to lock it before setting everything up. As most if what I wanted to do (except for the ubiquitous hardware related problems with connectivity), I never bothered, but I suppose it would have done the trick.

Edited by Rob. S.

OK, thanks. Still - could you please check the results of the small application from Google Play mentioned above on your device?

Regarding "...I forgot to lock it before setting everything up" - do you mean that locking it afterwards couldn't be done / would have the wanted effects any longer?

2 hours ago, xhajt03 said:

OK, thanks. Still - could you please check the results of the small application from Google Play mentioned above on your device?

Regarding "...I forgot to lock it before setting everything up" - do you mean that locking it afterwards couldn't be done / would have the wanted effects any longer?

I believe it would require wiping your phone back to factory defaults. So make sure to have all data backed up.

On 6/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, xhajt03 said:

In addition to what @EskeRahn said, you might want to have a look at the official "Pro1-X OEM Lock - User Manual"...

... and perhaps, in case of problems, this thread:

• Like 1
On 6/20/2024 at 12:51 PM, xhajt03 said:

could you please check the results of the small application from Google Play mentioned above on your device?

Screenshot_20240621-140956.thumb.png.3456263a157c82f985cbc335116ec759.png

• Thanks 1

OK, i.e. the same result I have. 😕 Thus it's indeed likely that I may need to lock it (I didn't unlock it, but it was probably shipped unlocked). Thanks for the links, I'm aware of the manual, but I understand that there may be additional information to this discussed on the forum.

1 hour ago, xhajt03 said:

OK, i.e. the same result I have. 😕 Thus it's indeed likely that I may need to lock it (I didn't unlock it, but it was probably shipped unlocked). Thanks for the links, I'm aware of the manual, but I understand that there may be additional information to this discussed on the forum.

I tried both a Pro1 and a Pro1X as delivered, as well as a Pro1 with Lineage 21 - all show the same: Basic is green,

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

I ckecked it too, with these results on my Pro1:
(LOS 21, Magisk v.27.002, module: Play Integrity Fix v.16.3)

Well, that's funny. 😕 If I understand it correctly, you get results confirming supposedly higher level of compliance ("integrity") with an alternative OS than with the standard Android as delivered by the device producer? Do I assume correctly that this "Play Integrity Fix" cannot be installed on regular Android (at least not without rooting the device)?

3 hours ago, xhajt03 said:

Well, that's funny. 😕 If I understand it correctly, you get results confirming supposedly higher level of compliance ("integrity") with an alternative OS than with the standard Android as delivered by the device producer? Do I assume correctly that this "Play Integrity Fix" cannot be installed on regular Android (at least not without rooting the device)?

Correct; but that's only because our small manufacturer didn't think properly about the consequences of providing an unlocked bootloader by default. I think later batches were supposed to come with locked bootloader again.   

With LineageOS, I think you just need root by Magisk and some Magisk add-ons to gain SafetyNet attestation for your device. If I remember correctly, that also requires an "official" LineageOS build for the specific device. Also, even then there still may be some apps which refuse to work because they somehow detect that the phone is not running on its official ROM. Personally, I was quite happy when I was still using my Pro1 on LineageOS 18.1 with root and the necessary add-ons, most of what I wanted to run did run, including Google Pay, most of my banking apps and so on.  

• Like 2