Does Lineage OS work better than the default Android OS?

I am having issues with my battery draining fast and my device turning off as I mentioned in my previous question.
I am using the basic Android 11 OS, will flashing Lineage OS solve these issues?
(I have flashed other phones with CM OS in the past, so flashing itself is not difficult.)

I have Pro1 so I don't have experience of Pro1-X. But I know that devs have fixed many issues on LOS. For example, the fingerprint bug that you have faced on stock is fixed on LOS (also in stock beta firmware).

Pro1 has (or had) an issue where phone rebooted for unknown reason. People were guessing that the reason was related to specific network band or WiFI connection. I faced that issues about 5 to 6 times during one year so it was not that common. People reported that issue was fixed in LOS. I don't know if Pro1-X has similar bug (it has different chipset though).

However, if device is turning off all the time then custom ROM might not fix that issue. Have you installed any apps that could cause weird behavior?

• Like 1

There are Pros and Cons of LineageOS, but I doubt t will fix what you are reporting, if it was a general problem common among other Android users we would have known, so at mentioned in the other thread, you either got a faulty unit, or some apps that causes havoc. So wiping the phone with a factory reset and no added apps is the first step.