Change username

Hey guys,

I was wondering if one could change their username? This is not the way I prefer to be called around the web, so yeah, that'd be great.

Also: when in the Settings tab, or anywhere else (like right now while typing this post), the Subscribe to Newsletter pop-up is quite annoying. I've already signed up for it, no need to keep spamming me ;-)

Out of curiosity I checked under account, and funny thing is it let's change your real first and last name, but not your username. Looks like you can even change your email address.

Maybe try to change your email address on the account you don't want, then create a new account with the username you want, maybe it won't see it as a duplicate.

If that doesn't work, I see there's a 'delete account' on the menu on the left. So my suggestion is delete your account and re-register, I don't think there are any 'moderators' or anything in this forum to help you..

Confirmed. Thanks a bunch! Apparently there's several layers going on with settings. It's quite confusing...

That being said, has anyone found where exactly you can change your avatar? When hitting the blank dude in the Account Settings, it navigates back to the profile page, instead of giving the option of changing it?

Yeah, it's quite confusing! I posted the link because i forgot how I even ended up there... Apparently it's down at the bottom of the page "my account". There's another distinct account settings page if you click the yellow F top left and then the gear icon and "my account" or the "my account" at the forum homepage at the top, which does not have this setting. Doesn't the avatar only come from connecting to facebook on the latter settings page?

Hi Craig, Well I'm a moderator in here, but have no access to the user accounts, only the comments. The Forum is very new, so I guess more functionality will be coming, like flagging for moderation - that I hope we will never need of course. :-)

On the change of avatar, it is not that intuitive, as they work with both "Account" and "Profile", I was quite confused by that too....

E.g. Click your user name on a comment OR from your account, this will bring you to your "Profile", and here click the cogwheel

Profile crop

Currently they seem to operate with THREE levels. (If I get it right...)

The "my account" for us as persons (and potential customers in the shop), and then an "account" for the forum derived from that, and finally a "profile" as how we appear in the forum for others.

When logged in, we have these three:

* https://www.fxtec.com/my-account

* https://www.fxtec.com/account

* https://www.fxtec.com/user

So no wonder if we as users get a little confused here....

Changing my display name to match does not seem to affect the menu alas. The website seems to hang together from wordpress and a few plugins so it is not hard to create a bit of a mess I guess. Hopefully over time it can be polished up a bit, but I'm assuming the team has their hands more than full with creating a phone :).