Hi everyone,

I just found out about this phone and I'm looking forward to its rollout, it's great and unlike other manufacturers (*cough blackber*) sporting a Snapdragon 8xx chip. Just as someone else already pointed out, it'd be just brilliant if we get a portrait-keyboard version. I mean, the software and connections on the motherboard are already there now, it's just a question of making a different keyboard and slider mechanism. Would also be great if it had a trackpad or a Fingerprint sensor that also doubled as a trackpad in that configuration. I own a Priv but with no decent replacement in sight, I'd definitely vote with my wallet should a portrait version of the Pro1 come out.

Cheers,

Kyle.

I also own a Priv but have been crying out for a landscape keyboard since the days of the Motorola Droid 4 or even better the HTC Windows Phone 7 (with arguably the best OS for productivity). This is the perfect phone format IMO. I am elated that someone is finally producing a phone with a decent sized screen for media consumption with a good sized keyboard for productivity.

If I was asked in a matter of personal taste to pick only one from portrait and landscape sliders, I would choose landscape without thinking. :)

But as a owner of a few Privs myself, I can also see some benefit of portrait sliders:

- Being thinner. Because the slide-out part is much smaller than landscape. (But smaller keyboard...)

- Can support nearly every apps natively

- Easier for one hand operation

But again, portrait slider has a much smaller keyboard and closer to a "phone" rather than a palmtop productivity beast. ;)

If Pro1 gets enough interest, we will certainly consider portrait slider as a future branch. For now we will put our focus 100% on bringing Pro1 to the market as quick as we can. ;)

Strictly we are talking different users segments for a physical keyboard.

[ul]Those that prefer a fixed portrait keyboard (BB Key½)

Those that prefer a portrait slider (Priv)

Those that prefer a landscape slider (Pro¹)

Those that prefer a fixed lansdscape keyboard (non-existing AFAIK)

Those that prefer a clamshell lansdscape keyboard (Cosmo)

Those that prefer a clamshell portrait keyboard (not seen for many years)[/ul]

But of course in lack of the other models most could/would let do with one from the first or second neighbouring segment as still better than just a slab without a keyboard...

As my personal preference is landscape slider, I (in lack of better) earlier used a Priv, and considered a Cosmo, but never a Key½

So as with so many other things, there is no absolute "best". Only a "best" for each persons usage pattern.

And ANY device is a matter of compromises due to physical and technical limitations. The Pro¹ is a bit on the large side for my taste, as I like one hand operable phones. But the large screen will for sure be something my old eyes will prefer over a phone-sized device... So even compromises here...