Hello,

Thank you for the informations.

Manual … the smartphone is technically sophisticated. One or the other

about certain functions or its operation could be described already.

Greetings and thanks

Andreas

One of the great things about the Pro1 is that it is NOT infested with a lot of bloat, so a user manual could be limited to what distinguishing it from tock android, a link to suitable Google doc.

The ONLY differences I see that need description

* The Keyboard and slider, apart from obvious letters etc.

* The Launcher app

* The Camera, including button and app

* The FM Radio and app.

So not a huge thing to do, and mostly describing software, so would be likely to change to the last minute as they improve the software...

A side note, I don't think many modern phones come with a manual atall, other than some warnings about how to charge and turn it on. I think they pretty much realize it's a waste of paper because nobody reads them and nowadays the software can change at any time via updates.

A side note, I don’t think many modern phones come with a manual atall, other than some warnings about how to charge and turn it on. I think they pretty much realize it’s a waste of paper because nobody reads them and nowadays the software can change at any time via updates.

It would be nice with some pdf somewhere online, it does not need to be printed - I agree that is just waste of paper.

And as phones (both Androids and Ios) has stuck with no UI-devolpment of the hardware other than reduced functionality for the last ten years, you are right, manuals are just a waste.

Though when we DO see some changed, an electronic user guide can be nice.

Not the least the key functionalities not printed on the keys.

I find the whole ONG THIS ISN'T HERE and OMG WHY DOESN'T THE PHONE HAVE THIS UNIMPORTANT FEATURE a bit tiresome. A manual for a product that's not even released yet is something you don't even expect from a large company. The manuals that one does find is usually due to a leak, instead of intentionally released.

I do, however, applaud a cheatsheet for the actions coupled to specific keys. Doesn't need to be printed though.

I find the whole ONG THIS ISN’T HERE and OMG WHY DOESN’T THE PHONE HAVE THIS UNIMPORTANT FEATURE a bit tiresome. A manual for a product that’s not even released yet is something you don’t even expect from a large company. The manuals that one does find is usually due to a leak, instead of intentionally released.

I do, however, applaud a cheatsheet for the actions coupled to specific keys. Doesn’t need to be printed though.

they mention the standard ones in the phone advertising information already :)

One thing that certainly would benefit from a quick-start guide in the package is the opening mechanism.

People having used one of the old Nokias, will have no problems, as the muscle memory kicks in. But people being used to a flat slider, or just intuitively pushing a flat unidirectional push, will find them self having trouble opening it. Like the pedals of a bike, It does not work if your push does not follow the movement of the mechanism.

It is not AT ALL complicated though. I made this exaggerated sketch of the first few mm push in my review of the early preproduction unit to illustrate what is going on. Or you can open it by lifting the far edge instead (a matter of taste).

One thing that certainly would benefit from a quick-start guide in the package is the opening mechanism.

People having used one of the old Nokias, will have no problems, as the muscle memory kicks in. But people being used to a flat slider, or just intuitively pushing a flat unidirectional push, will find them self having trouble opening it. Like the pedals of a bike, It does not work if your push does not follow the movement of the mechanism.

This is quite true when I got my N97 I used to mess up all the time opening it and dropped it a few times.

This is quite true when I got my N97 I used to mess up all the time opening it and dropped it a few times.

A fun fact is that it is easier to open due to the edge design than it would have been with a box-design like my simplified sketch.

Because we really need to push the bottom of the display part, and that is harder on a more square design!

Studying the motion in finer details than can be seen by the previous gif, it can be seen that the top part of the display practically does not move initially, and the movement there is, is almost perpendicular to the keyboard, and that is why pushing the top blocks rather than open. Here a detail study of the first 10%

practice on the bed first i would say