Some Questions Before I Buy

Will it work on Verizon? I believe that devices need to be cleared on their network first as the Key2 LE I have took awhile for them to get it taken care of. Perhaps this is the process here? https://opendevelopment.verizonwireless.com/get-certified

Does the case that will be released include any protection for the slide out display and if not what would you suggest to protect it? If I order now would I still be eligible for the case and if not where can I order it as I'm hard on phones and would like one that didn't break on me in the field.

Is the shipping date still firmly mid-September for new orders? I travel for work a lot and would like to be around for when it might be delivered so a somewhat certain date for me would be very helpful.

Thank you so much for developing such a cool device as it's a total shame what's happened to the keyboard phone market. I know my Key2 LE got a lot of comments when I'd need to scan something from an app, but noone had every really heard of it so I don't think it had anything resembling a fair chance to catch on.

Does the case that will be released include any protection for the slide out display and if not what would you suggest to protect it? If I order now would I still be eligible for the case and if not where can I order it as I’m hard on phones and would like one that didn’t break on me in the field.

On the NYC event someone asked the fxtec team whether the phone will come with a screen protector and was told no, I would guess this is correct even though not an official statement. (source and further info about questions collected in our little unofficial discord channel that were asked on that event: http://matland.be/fxqa/ ). Screen protectors meant for the Elephone U and Elephone U Pro will fit the device as that phone uses the same display (and touch digitizer / front glass assembly), these can be found on aliexpress, ebay, maybe amazon too.

Is the shipping date still firmly mid-September for new orders? I travel for work a lot and would like to be around for when it might be delivered so a somewhat certain date for me would be very helpful.

There are a lot of rumors and speculations there may be a delay and no clear info seems to be available for when new orders ship, and for any pre-order I would advice not to count on exact delivery schedules (as generic advice for any type of pre-order). Latest official word is that existing pre-orders should ship mid-september, and general sales in october, but where new orders fall is not very clear to me.

Hi, sorry can’t say about Verizon, i never saw a phone network requesting there own cert Oo but i’m not in the US

For shipping, pre-order are over, so shiping should be in October if you order now so there is no rush.

I think they do and it's very annoying that Verizon does that. I would like to stick with them, but I'll switch to a touch screen phone over my dead body so I may need to jump to AT&T as much as I'd prefer not to.

Does the case that will be released include any protection for the slide out display and if not what would you suggest to protect it? If I order now would I still be eligible for the case and if not where can I order it as I’m hard on phones and would like one that didn’t break on me in the field.

On the NYC event someone asked the fxtec team whether the phone will come with a screen protector and was told no, I would guess this is correct even though not an official statement. (source and further info about questions collected in our little unofficial discord channel that were asked on that event: http://matland.be/fxqa/ ). Screen protectors meant for the Elephone U and Elephone U Pro will fit the device as that phone uses the same display (and touch digitizer / front glass assembly), these can be found on aliexpress, ebay, maybe amazon too.

That's beyond annoying. I work in the field and am hard on phones and as cool and thoughtful as they were with the design and repairability, it's all for moot if I have a device that's regularly breaking and out of service as I'm really tempted to just buy an extra Key 2 LE as their are no shortage of cases for it and it's been solid aside from the thumbprint scanner dying after a waist level drop on pavement, but my screen and every thing else is working 100 percent as it should.

I love what the guys here are doing and have done, but without them putting forth a solution I might have to consider this horrible looking monstrosity, but at least the folks in the video get it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/titan-unihertz-rugged-qwerty-smartphone#/

On the NYC event someone asked the fxtec team whether the phone will come with a screen protector and was told no, I would guess this is correct even though not an official statement. (source and further info about questions collected in our little unofficial discord channel that were asked on that event:
). Screen protectors meant for the Elephone U and Elephone U Pro will fit the device as that phone uses the same display (and touch digitizer / front glass assembly), these can be found on aliexpress, ebay, maybe amazon too.

That’s beyond annoying. I work in the field and am hard on phones and as cool and thoughtful as they were with the design and repairability, it’s all for moot if I have a device that’s regularly breaking and out of service as I’m really tempted to just buy an extra Key 2 LE as their are no shortage of cases for it and it’s been solid aside from the thumbprint scanner dying after a waist level drop on pavement, but my screen and every thing else is working 100 percent as it should.

I love what the guys here are doing and have done, but without them putting forth a solution I might have to consider this horrible looking monstrosity, but at least the folks in the video get it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/titan-unihertz-rugged-qwerty-smartphone#/

I have, like many here, already bought a whole bunch of Elephone U screen protectors so covering the screen won't be a problem for me, why not do that also? If you are really hard on your phones that Titan phone is probably worth considering also though. The Pro1 definitely wasn't meant to be a rugged and waterproof phone for harsh conditions, but most other aspects seem to be better than Titan.

I have, like many here, already bought a whole bunch of Elephone U screen protectors so covering the screen won’t be a problem for me, why not do that also? If you are really hard on your phones that Titan phone is probably worth considering also though. The Pro1 definitely wasn’t meant to be a rugged and waterproof phone for harsh conditions, but most other aspects seem to be better than Titan.

Is there a way to buy it all through Fxtec or do I need to order from multiple companies as that seems rather unnecessary? FXtec has got a great product, but I like security and knowing when I'm in the field I'll have a working phone and won't have to wait weeks to get it fixed or repaired as I travel around a lot for work and seeing as pretty much everyone I know has a more robust case on their phones than what Fxtec is bothering with is a tremendous oversight in my opinion and the market's voting with their dollars on protection for their devices.

I have, like many here, already bought a whole bunch of Elephone U screen protectors so covering the screen won’t be a problem for me, why not do that also? If you are really hard on your phones that Titan phone is probably worth considering also though. The Pro1 definitely wasn’t meant to be a rugged and waterproof phone for harsh conditions, but most other aspects seem to be better than Titan.

Is there a way to buy it all through Fxtec or do I need to order from multiple companies as that seems rather unnecessary? FXtec has got a great product, but I like security and knowing when I’m in the field I’ll have a working phone and won’t have to wait weeks to get it fixed or repaired as I travel around a lot for work and seeing as pretty much everyone I know has a more robust case on their phones than what Fxtec is bothering with is a tremendous oversight in my opinion and the market’s voting with their dollars on protection for their devices.

As far as I know, they will not initially offer it. But multiple different types exist out there, e.g. from aliexpress or Ebay (some for less than $1 each). As a startup I think they are way to busy to consider additional stuff, but hopefully they will make some arrangements later. For now I suggest you order some, so you got them from day one you get the device.

Dumb question but review video from it’s claim that the phone it’s made of plastic… People talked about metal on the forum… So what is it really ? Metal phone feel more like a pro device to me…

Mostly metal, see e.g.

for a tear down image.