Day One Impressions of Keyboard

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortuntely they have not provided a way to customize things. But they can be overruled. See e.g. FinQWERTY, so whatever he is dong, others could do too... I know he is CONSIDERING an improved U

I'll start this by saying I've used PhotonQ for years, so familiar with keyboard sliders.   I got the Pro 1 today.  My biggest comments right now are about functionality.    My biggest compl

You have to disable all keyboard layouts and leave it set to default.  Then slant arrow with P & L get you / & ?.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Craig said:

@netman if you can build the kernel into a new boot.img, I'll test it.  (Include magisk, start from the file I put in my magisk thread).

I will try, got quite a bunch of things to figure out before I can succesfully build an android kernel I think, never done so before.

Edited by netman
rephrase

Did you discover how to make AltGr work? I see that there is still no info about it, without it the keyboard will be practically useless in Poland in writing anything that is not informal. Of course I am talking about using non-rooted phone with locked bootloader.

Edited by Gon009
32 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

Did you discover how to make AltGr work? I see that there is still no info about it, without it the keyboard will be practically useless in Poland in writing anything that is not informal. Of course I am talking about using non-rooted phone with locked bootloader.

Pretty sure Craig is in the US, where we don't exactly use that every day. 🙂

32 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

Not yet.  And I'll be happy enough to do it while rooted and unlocked, but haven't figured that out either.     

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Not yet.  And I'll be happy enough to do it while rooted and unlocked, but haven't figured that out either.     

I heard that Google Pay doesn't work with unlocked bootloader because it appears non-certified.

Also, if company would like me to get my phone encrypted and secured for using it for work they won't be happy with a rooted device.

I hope they fix that soon.

Edited by Gon009
18 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Pretty sure Craig is in the US, where we don't exactly use that every day. 🙂

I use AltGr almost every day.  I have US-International as my keyboard layout on PC, then the right alt key acts as AltGr.  I live in the City of San José, and how else could I type Pro¹ easily?

Edited by Craig
capitols, bold, abreviations, clarification
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

I heard that Google Pay doesn't work with unlocked bootloader because it appears non-certified.

True.  So you can lock it if you don't want root, or use magisk if you do want root, both ways google pay will work.  (This doesn't solve the part I didnt quote tho.)

Edited by Craig
6 minutes ago, Craig said:

I almost do.  I use us-instl as my keyboard layout on PC.  I live in the city of San José, and how else could I type Pro¹ easily?

Ah, well then! Personally I'd investigate whether or not FinQwerty could provide the kind of customization you both need. I'm aware that's not its purpose, but it seems like a great tool for such customizations.

EDIT: I should have read what you wrote much more carefully LOL. You solved it already.

Edited by silversolver

Also parts of america have lots of spanish speakers, and so it's often the default layout on public computers at the library for example... makes it easy to do éñ¡¿.   And if you have a job that ever invovles other currencies it's handy to have €¥£ around...

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Craig said:

True.  So you can lock it if you don't want root, or use magisk if you do want root, both ways google pay will work.  (This doesn't solve the part I didnt quote tho.)

Unfortunately from what I read it's not that viable option because there's still a chance that google pay will just stop working like it was 9 months ago and from what I saw it wasn't something like "just update magisk and use google pay again" to get it working again at that time so it's definitely not a "stable" solution and especially not for a person that just doesn't want to have any contact with doing command line things in android, for me a phone should a device that I use whenever I want, not a device that needs a time and effort to be usable, especially that expensive device. 

I wrote a question to fxtec about it. I have a feeling that first batch users are the real beta testers.

2 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

I wrote a question to fxtec about it. I have a feeling that first batch users are the real beta testers.

That's pretty normal. Microsoft has been doing this with their products for decades. The good news these days is that updates to correct found issues are easier than ever these days.