I had a similar issue at first, kept hitting del instead of backspace.  But I got used to that fairly quickly.

Esc key is currently mapped to Android Back (not Esc) although this may change soon.

That being said, you can probably do that with key-mapper:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2557-key-mapper-foss-app-to-bind-keys-buttons-to-other-keys-or-actions/?tab=comments#comment-37604

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Craig said:

I had a similar issue at first, kept hitting del instead of backspace.  But I got used to that fairly quickly.

Esc key is currently mapped to Android Back (not Esc) although this may change soon.

That being said, you can probably do that with key-mapper:

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2557-key-mapper-foss-app-to-bind-keys-buttons-to-other-keys-or-actions/?tab=comments#comment-37604

On some languages FinQwerty actually moves the Del function for the letter-shifted qwertY physical layout (to get room or national key)

7 hours ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

howwwww can i make the delete key also act as a backspace button and the current backspace button an overall back key?

I had the same issue at first. I think it has to do with fact that 'backspace' on most keyboards is just above 'return', so that's where you expect it to be.

9 minutes ago, Slion said:

I had the same issue at first. I think it has to do with fact that 'backspace' on most keyboards is just above 'return', so that's where you expect it to be.

Only if you have an ISO style enter key, being used to US qwerty layout, the Pro1's layout makes sense in this regard to me.

image.png.66e477fc79639297c8f2d73dbbe74f9b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, netman said:

Only if you have an ISO style enter key, being used to US qwerty layout, the Pro1's layout makes sense in this regard to me.

True, I usually work AZERTY keyboards 😁
Hope they will make one, one day.

Edited by Slion

i used the above key mapping setup, my life is changed now, soooooo much better coming off the droid 4 keyboard... now if i could just physically shift the qaz thru tgv over 1 key id be setttttt its a long stretch over there when typing fast, im down from 80plus words per minute to maybe 25-30 speed wise but trying to learn it in a hurry but its a long way over to the center

3 minutes ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

i used the above key mapping setup, my life is changed now, soooooo much better coming off the droid 4 keyboard... now if i could just physically shift the qaz thru tgv over 1 key id be setttttt its a long stretch over there when typing fast, im down from 80plus words per minute to maybe 25-30 speed wise but trying to learn it in a hurry but its a long way over to the center

Yes primarily one thumb it is difficult to do. You should try to get used to doing left letter shift with the right shift key and vice versa.

17 minutes ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

anddddd i lied that did not last left and right control buttons are not operating seperately... same for left and right shift still come out with the same action despite only the right shift being assigned the home key hit the left one and it will go home too

Yes these two key-pairs seems to be electrically in parallel (like the two ends of the Space bar).

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes these two key-pairs seems to be electrically in parallel (like the two ends of the Space bar).

Too bad, cause Android does support right and left shift and control, good to know though.

• Like 1