Still waiting on re-delivery

Hello team FxTec,

I hope either @Erik or @Waxberry can help me out.

I've been waiting ever since the 2nd of January to receive my Pro¹. Because DPD's system has a flaw regarding the change of the delivery address, this went wrong and the package got stuck at their depot for over a week. Despite all my efforts (and efforts on part of ParcelHero) It then got send back, which was two weeks ago.  

Even tho it's been two weeks since it got returned (to ParcelHero at first) I’m still waiting for my bought property to be re-send. The phone obviously is quite expensive and given the very bad experience I’ve already had with DPD this wait is really testing my patience.

Meanwhile I’ve done my best to get all parties involved to do what they have to (even at first when it was stuck at DPD), but nothing has happened. I even got somewhat of a lecture that I shouldn’t have changed the delivery address with DPD, a service they provide on their own website, mind you.

It now has almost been a month since the package was originally sent out, and I'm still waiting. The last thing I heard from your support-team was on Friday, when they said that the package would be back on Monday, and they'd immediately send it back out again. Now it is Wednesday, and even tho ParcelHero e-mailed me yesterday morning that the package has been at FxTec since Monday 4PM, AND even tho I've send your support-team an email requesting info on the re-send, I didn't get any reply whatsoever. 

Can you please help me and speed this matter along? I've been very patient, but this is actually making me quite upset in the meantime.

Hope to hear something.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, Erik said:

We've emailed you about 10 minutes ago on this actually. Please reply to the email. This one was caused due to a confusion with DPD from the last minute address change request.

Thanks to you both! @Erik just replied to the email. Very grateful you helped out 🙂 

I still think it's very strange tho that DPD offers this service, while it obviously doesn't work in their own system... 
It just seems unfair that you guys got a penalty for the return, since it's a flaw in their own delivery system (why would you offer a service that doesn't work and then penalize the sending party over that? It's just strange)

So big tip for people who want to use that service if they ever get DPD: don't use it and use one of the drop-off servicepoints instead.. 

Unfortunately I didn't know in advance I had to change the address, otherwise I'd timely informed FxTec of this.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, illie-vanilli said:

I still think it's very strange tho that DPD offers this service, while it obviously doesn't work in their own system... 

My guess would be that they 'simply' lack a way of 'locking' this option down, once the parcel is close to delivery. Of course optimally it would work until the last second, but I can see the logistic problems in that, especially if on the van and with a planned route.

53 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

My guess would be that they 'simply' lack a way of 'locking' this option down, once the parcel is close to delivery. Of course optimally it would work until the last second, but I can see the logistic problems in that, especially if on the van and with a planned route.

It happens with pretty much every courier out there when a last minute address change is requested. There are dozens of people involved for just one shipment, it's hard to update them all about the change. Most couriers don't look on their devices for address changes, instead they look on the label if the shipment is too far from a sorting facility.

• Thanks 4
1 minute ago, Erik said:

It happens with pretty much every courier out there when a last minute address change is requested. There are dozens of people involved for just one shipment, it's hard to update them all about the change. Most couriers don't look on their devices for address changes, instead they look on the label if the shipment is too far from a sorting facility.

Yes, that was my point. They OUGHT to have a way to (b)lock the change-option when they can no longer handle a change.

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes, that was my point. They OUGHT to have a way to (b)lock the change-option when they can no longer handle a change.

Sure, but it wasn't out on delivery yet (I didn't change it on the day the parcel was planned for delivery, but on the day before that), it was not even in the local depot handling the delivery yet either... In fact, as soon as I got the email from DPD that the parcel just got registered to their system, I logged into the track and trace system they provided and used the change-service.

At the time I changed the address the package was still en route from the UK to my country. So that would suggest it wouldn't even be possible to change it at initial registration even.. That is why I don't understand they offer that service at all.

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, illie-vanilli said:

At the time I changed the address the package was still en route from the UK to my country. So that would suggest it wouldn't even be possible to change it at initial registration even.. That is why I don't understand they offer that service at all.

Ah I see, yeah, bad handling på DPD there 😥