Can't insure phone as fxtec not a manufacture

Hi

I am trying to insure my Pro1 but I can not find a site that lists fxtec as a manufacture, as all the sites I have looked at I MUST provide the name of the manufacturer.

eg gocompare or gadget cover, insist that you select the phone manufacture from a defined list, there is no option for other.

I can select an existing manfuacture eg LG, and then say "other model", but thats the only way I can try to get a quote.

I am worried the insurance company will not accept that as its not made by eg LG.

How have other people insured their phone in the UK?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Has any one had any success insuring it in the UK. I have contacted several companies and told them about the phone since its not listed on their sitse. Only one replied, asked for details and 3 weeks later has still not added it.  Can FXTEC help?

2 hours ago, tomb said:

Has any one had any success insuring it in the UK. I have contacted several companies and told them about the phone since its not listed on their sitse. Only one replied, asked for details and 3 weeks later has still not added it.  Can FXTEC help?

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, so do not expect that they see all threads.

I would suggest that you ask your insurance company what informations they want, and then ask FxTec if they can/will provide what is requested. Try the support link https://www.fxtec.com/support/

No issues with getting insurance here. Mine is covered for theft and accidental damage in and outside my home.
Don't bother with online insurers, if you've got contents insurance on your dwelling have a word with your provider, they should be able to provide cover for a fraction of the cost of say Gadget Cover etc. For reference my home contents is with Barclays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, MickH said:

No issues with getting insurance here. Mine is covered for theft and accidental damage in and outside my home.
Don't bother with online insurers, if you've got contents insurance on your dwelling have a word with your provider, they should be able to provide cover for a fraction of the cost of say Gadget Cover etc. For reference my home contents is with Barclays.

yeah home contents is the way to go with this.

• Thanks 1
On 2/26/2020 at 8:28 PM, _DW_ said:

yeah home contents is the way to go with this.

I chose this route years ago when I was paying £9.99 a month for insurance on my N95. My bank brought it up in a convo one day and  the adviser almost fainted when I told her. I think I'm paying just £3 extra now which covers all the tech in my home.