Screen Digitiser Fault

I have been getting weird behavior when scrolling in landscape since I got my Pro1. Turns out part of the screen digitiser is dead.

The left edge of the dead spot is directly in line with the phone speaker slot in the screen, the dead spot is not quite as wide as the speaker slot.

The Letter 'T' is also nearly impossible to use when using the on screen keyboard in portrait mode. usually always selecting the letter either side.

I thought I would post here first prior to requesting a new screen module on warranty.

Screenshot_20200408-095140.thumb.png.c56b98ef9afe6bbe9eba89b821b5b4c5.pngScreenshot_20200408-095329.thumb.png.a82359ff7436f89880c36b77bd9c8b26.png

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, ahunter said:

I remember the post, could not find it.

It was using a piezoelectric igniter to fix the issue.

Real fix will be F(x)tec sending me a new complete screen module, I will then just swap out.

I think this is the thread you're looking for:

Yeah, my phone is still sitting broken on my desk.
This was my experience with warranty support: when I mailed them the day after I made the thread, they asked me to submit a video for QC purposes and asked if I would like to send in my phone for them to repair or if I would like to do the repair myself (I told them I would prefer sending them my phone so they could have a look at other smaller issues like the screen webble that got worse and worse and the really poor 4G reception), sent the fideo they promptly replied that a replacement screen would be shipped to me soon™. Ok
As of today, i'm still waiting on the screen to be shipped, they've told me it would take at least mid-April before they are able to ship me the replacement screen.

My pro1 has grown a nice thick layer of dust in the meantime, I do know that these are very hard and trying times but I'm seriously starting to get tired of the waiting game, especially when they also send cheery updates about the many things you could do with this amazing smartphone. (and yes, the phone WAS amazing for the whole month I was able to use it)
I'm really sorry for the ranty post, but I really had to vent somehow.
I hope they at least send a couple of their high qaulity screen protectors like the one included with the phone as a "thank you for waiting so long for warrany" present, as well as the bonus earphones they promised for the early preorders (yep, still waiting on those too)

But PLEASE, as tempting as it could be, don't try the piezo igniter "fix" because in the worst case scenario you could be ESD testing your phone circuitry and probably fry some components inside 😕

• Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, alexmarzulli said:

I think this is the thread you're looking for:

Yeah, my phone is still sitting broken on my desk.
This was my experience with warranty support: when I mailed them the day after I made the thread, they asked me to submit a video for QC purposes and asked if I would like to send in my phone for them to repair or if I would like to do the repair myself (I told them I would prefer sending them my phone so they could have a look at other smaller issues like the screen webble that got worse and worse and the really poor 4G reception), sent the fideo they promptly replied that a replacement screen would be shipped to me soon™. Ok
As of today, i'm still waiting on the screen to be shipped, they've told me it would take at least mid-April before they are able to ship me the replacement screen.

My pro1 has grown a nice thick layer of dust in the meantime, I do know that these are very hard and trying times but I'm seriously starting to get tired of the waiting game, especially when they also send cheery updates about the many things you could do with this amazing smartphone. (and yes, the phone WAS amazing for the whole month I was able to use it)
I'm really sorry for the ranty post, but I really had to vent somehow.
I hope they at least send a couple of their high qaulity screen protectors like the one included with the phone as a "thank you for waiting so long for warrany" present, as well as the bonus earphones they promised for the early preorders (yep, still waiting on those too)

But PLEASE, as tempting as it could be, don't try the piezo igniter "fix" because in the worst case scenario you could be ESD testing your phone circuitry and probably fry some components inside 😕

I wont be trying the fix, my phone is still functional, just have to be careful where I touch the screen to scroll.  I also never use on screen keyboard, this is why I waited for a Pro1.

I am patient, F(x)tec have promised to send me a replacement screen and have indicated the issues with COVID-19 and delays that could be caused. I am happy with this.

• Like 2

@ahunter a very similar problem to the one I am experiencing - although initially mine was causing multiple inputs it is now simply a dead part of the digitizer around 8mm in height - see Digitizer Input Without Touch - Bug Reports - F(x)tec Community (not sure how to quote a topic..)

I've also been in contact with support about a replacement but this was some weeks ago, they provided a rough date but based on previous experience I'm not holding my breath, particularly given the current situation. If you could keep this thread updated when you get any confirmation of the replacement being shipped that'd be great, and I'll likewise do the same.

• Like 1