New Owner - a few basic questions

I am a proud new owner of a slightly used Pro1 and I'm loving it so far - but there are three things that aren't working the way I expect them to.

First, when the phone is closed, I can't get a virtual keyboard to pop up on the screen when needed.  There are some apps that don't support landscape mode and it's a hassle using the physical keyboard when I just need to type something quick.

Second, the touch screen is very sensitive, especially on the edges.  Any work around for turning that down?

Third... lord oh lord, where are my app folders?  I can't get it to let me drag one app onto another to sort things into folders?  Help! 

Thanks in advance!

21 minutes ago, UncleBob said:

I am a proud new owner of a slightly used Pro1 and I'm loving it so far - but there are three things that aren't working the way I expect them to.

First, when the phone is closed, I can't get a virtual keyboard to pop up on the screen when needed.  There are some apps that don't support landscape mode and it's a hassle using the physical keyboard when I just need to type something quick.

Second, the touch screen is very sensitive, especially on the edges.  Any work around for turning that down?

Third... lord oh lord, where are my app folders?  I can't get it to let me drag one app onto another to sort things into folders?  Help! 

Thanks in advance!

1 - Can't say I've had that problem works like other phones when keyboard closed 

2 - I just got used to gripping it different but I have a protector on the keyboard part of the device currently

3 - Use a different launcher you don't need to keep the stock one.  I switched to the Microsoft one as it supports landscape. (There is a thread discussing different ones)

6 hours ago, _DW_ said:

1 - Can't say I've had that problem works like other phones when keyboard closed

I had to install a virtual keyboard on it.  Seems like it didn't have one for some reason.

2 hours ago, rkjnsn said:

I don't have any trouble creating folders on the stock launcher. What issue are you seeing? Does the icon you're dropping onto highlight before you drop onto it?

If I click on an icon and drag it to another, it just relocates the first.

5 hours ago, Benni said:

Wow.  Thanks.  One of those solved another issue I was having (Only the escape key wakes the device?  Weird) and should solve another (sticky shift key) once I get a chance to mess with it.

9 hours ago, UncleBob said:

If I click on an icon and drag it to another, it just relocates the first.

You can make folders only to home screen with stock launcher. If you want to make folders to app drawer you need to install custom launcher that support that feature. Stock launcher only allows to reallocate app drawer.

• Thanks 1