Verizon - Phone almost a brick!

My phone is becoming closer and closer to being a completely useless brick on Verizon.

1. Verizon changes to SMS has disabled all text message sending unless I am on WiFi. (Even the workaround of marking a SMS urgent to turn it into MMS does not work.)

2. Verizon will no longer allow me to call forward the Pro1 line (but will allow me to forward other lines). This is particularly important due to no cell service at home and #3 below.

3. Call over WiFi will not work without being a Verizon Branded phone.

4. Voicemail indicator will not work.

I am very tempted to drop this piece of s--t phone on the railroad tracks and see what happens when a train hits it unless anyone has any fixes for the above?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Brettjames22 said:

I am very tempted to drop this piece of s--t phone on the railroad tracks and see what happens when a train hits it unless anyone has any fixes for the above?

The phone works perfectly fine on reasonable GSM carriers.  Verizon is neither reasonable nor GSM.

Your fix is to switch to another carrier.  T-Mobile, AT&T, or any of their MVNOs work perfectly fine.  I'm on PureTalk which is an AT&T MVNO.  Paying $80/mo for four lines.

Or, if you insist on being abused by Verizon, I'm sure someone would be happy to buy the phone from you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1