LineageOS stucking at first start

Hello guys,

I installed lineageOS on my pro1 following the instructions on LineageOS wiki.
After rebooting the display only showed the lineageOS boot animation. I left the device like this for almost an hour but nothing else happened. Unfortunately, after rebooting (even with Volume Up + Power pressed) the same happens (always only lineageOS boot animation).

Somebody knows how to make LineageOS work or just how to restore the device?

Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, Chris2 said:

Hello guys,

I installed lineageOS on my pro1 following the instructions on LineageOS wiki.
After rebooting the display only showed the lineageOS boot animation. I left the device like this for almost an hour but nothing else happened. Unfortunately, after rebooting (even with Volume Up + Power pressed) the same happens (always only lineageOS boot animation).

Somebody knows how to make LineageOS work or just how to restore the device?

Thanks in advance!

Try booting into recovery and wiping your data.  Especially if you forgot to do this before.

• Like 2

I did it before but actually I am not able to boot into recovery any more. Neither by means of the windows command prompt (it says no devices found) nor by pressing Volume Up + Power (it just restarts and the lineageOS boot animation appears).

Is there another way to boot into recovery?

2 minutes ago, Chris2 said:

I did it before but actually I am not able to boot into recovery any more. Neither by means of the windows command prompt (it says no devices found) nor by pressing Volume Up + Power (it just restarts and the lineageOS boot animation appears).

Is there another way to boot into recovery?

I believe holding volume-down while powering on the device will bring up the fastboot menu.  In there, you can use the volume keys to select recovery and then press power to boot.

Note that if you see stock recovery instead of Lineage recovery, you are booting to the wrong slot.  So switch slots using fastboot and then boot into Lineage recovery, wipe data, and reboot.

• Thanks 1

Keep pressing volume down+power and do not let go until you see the Fastboot mode (should take about 10 seconds). After that start all over again.

• fastboot devices (to check whether it is connected)
  • fastboot flashing unlock (error already unlocked)
  • fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20200803-recovery-pro1.img
  • Volume Up + Power
  • Perform a factory reset in Recovery
  • Apply update via ADB sideload
  • adb sideload lineage-16.0-20200803-nightly-pro1-signed.zip
  • Reboot to Recovery if you want to flash gapps
  • adb sideload MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20190615_031441.zip
Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 4
On 8/4/2020 at 11:26 AM, DieBruine said:

Keep pressing volume down+power and do not let go until you see the Fastboot mode (should take about 10 seconds). After that start all over again.

• fastboot devices (to check whether it is connected)
  • fastboot flashing unlock (error already unlocked)
  • fastboot flash boot lineage-16.0-20200803-recovery-pro1.img
  • Volume Up + Power
  • Perform a factory reset in Recovery
  • Apply update via ADB sideload
  • adb sideload lineage-16.0-20200803-nightly-pro1-signed.zip
  • Reboot to Recovery if you want to flash gapps
  • adb sideload MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20190615_031441.zip

Great abridged version of the instructions! For those somewhat used to flashing but maybe didn't do it for a fewa years now (my case with a Priv), these quick simple stpes helped a lot. Flashing now!

Is OpenGapps still not working? I like their concept of "choose what you want" from GApps.

I've downloaded MindtheGapps as well just to be on the safe side but would prefer the larger "stock" collection from OpenGapps as I understand it'd come with the Google Camera app as well..?

Edited by agent008
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, agent008 said:

Is OpenGapps still not working? I like their concept of "choose what you want" from GApps.

I use opengapps-mini no problem...   I also like choose what you want, and that its updated (no hour of updates like mindthegapps), and that it can replace AOSP apps.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, agent008 said:

Great abridged version of the instructions! For those somewhat used to flashing but maybe didn't do it for a fewa years now (my case with a Priv), these quick simple stpes helped a lot. Flashing now!

Exactly the reason behind it 😃. I used to be an avid XDA member. Pfff took a break for a few years. A month ago I had to fight with a FairPhone 3. That thing on LOS is Hell.

Before you mentioned it I hadn't even thought of all the different OG-packages. For some reason just flashed MTG without any thought. A comparison is in order... Now to schedule it 😅.

• Thanks 1

I installed the Stock flavour of OpenGapps. The experience with Pixel Launcher, the Gapps dialer, SMS etc. is nice for my taste. GCam seems to be working well (still didn't test it enough).

So, if anyone prefers OpenGapps, try it, it's working.