Power button activates camera

Hi, does anyone else face this problem. It didn't seem to have been discussed before. 

Since many months, on standby mode when I press power button it automatically activates the camera (say 80% of times). I don't need this. Looks like some bug. 

How to solve this? 

Mine is configured to launch the camera when pressing the power button twice in a row, which I find convenient to quickly pull out the phone and snap a photo. I forget where exactly that setting is, but maybe that's what's happening to you? If you don't think you're accidentally pressing it twice, maybe it's a loose connection in the button that makes one press register as two?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, atfrase said:

Mine is configured to launch the camera when pressing the power button twice in a row, which I find convenient to quickly pull out the phone and snap a photo. I forget where exactly that setting is, but maybe that's what's happening to you? If you don't think you're accidentally pressing it twice, maybe it's a loose connection in the button that makes one press register as two?

Yes, maybe something wrong with the button. I must have dropped the phone atleast 10 times from chairs, tables and even pockets. Luckily the display never even got scratched. And without a casing available it maybe only a matter of time.... 

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, rejujacob said:

Yes, maybe something wrong with the button. I must have dropped the phone atleast 10 times from chairs, tables and even pockets. Luckily the display never even got scratched. And without a casing available it maybe only a matter of time.... 

We got a long thread filled with various suggestions here

I got my own with links to where I got the different ones i experimented with here.

You can modify most cases for a "Huawei p20 pro" with a small pair of scissors in a few minutes.

• Thanks 1