Best Camera App and OS For Semi-Professional Photos

25 minutes ago, zurvan2 said:

Anyone have links for these apps that work? I've tried searching, but I've found tons of results, and none seem to work. 😞

I don't know where I have downloaded it from, but if everything are right, the current mod I use is called F1v9.6_6.2.030.apk (at least I have it downloaded).
Also this website looks familiar to me, I may have been downloaded it from that website.

This is working fine for me on stock Android 9, however, if I remember well, v10 version was made for Android 10, so under a newer OS, that may be the appropriate one.
(I also have F1v10.3_7.0.009.apk downloaded, but as far as I remember well, that did not work as it was needed newer OS.)

1 hour ago, zurvan2 said:

That link does work, thanks, I'll try it out.

Any experience using this for video?

It also works well for video.

Night mode also works but viewfinder is not good in that mode.

Anyway, one problem of the photos taken is they are rotated by 180°... Android rotates is back on viewing but the file itself is in wrong orientation which can be corrected easily.

4 hours ago, VaZso said:

It also works well for video.

Night mode also works but viewfinder is not good in that mode.

Anyway, one problem of the photos taken is they are rotated by 180°... Android rotates is back on viewing but the file itself is in wrong orientation which can be corrected easily.

As commented elsewhere not all viewers respects the orientation flag, and only display the native image. This is a viewer bug, not a bug in the app generating the images.
Even big ones like WordPress messes up when they create thumbs, If android displays it correctly, the flag is set correctly.

We do NOT want the camera app to reprocess the image in the resulting direction, it takes time, and comes at a potential quality loss. That is the whole purpose of the EXIF flag telling how many times 90 degrees the image should be rotated for display.

Sure decades ago before this flag, we DID rotate the native image, but that should be long gone.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

As commented elsewhere not all viewers respects the orientation flag, and only display the native image. This is a viewer bug, not a bug in the app generating the images.
Even big ones like WordPress messes up when they create thumbs, If android displays it correctly, the flag is set correctly.

We do NOT want the camera app to reprocess the image in the resulting direction, it takes time, and comes at a potential quality loss. That is the whole purpose of the EXIF flag telling how many times 90 degrees the image should be rotated for display.

Sure decades ago before this flag, we DID rotate the native image, but that should be long gone.

I think the app processes the image in a way it represents the orientation of the sensor placed in the original phone it was written for.

It may depend on the sensor communication if it is possible to get image data accordingly.
However, I don't think basically it is ideal to have real orientation rotated, although it is possible.

So image data may be available from the sensor which could be handled natively if the program is prepared for the specific placement of the sensor...

4 minutes ago, VaZso said:

So image data may be available from the sensor which could be handled natively if the program is prepared for the specific placement of the sensor...

You mean if the sensor allows the data to read in an arbitrary direction? I doubt it. But perhaps the helper chip creating the jpg files from the sensor output could be requested to do it in a selectable direction. Would be clever if it did,

44 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

You mean if the sensor allows the data to read in an arbitrary direction? I doubt it. But perhaps the helper chip creating the jpg files from the sensor output could be requested to do it in a selectable direction. Would be clever if it did,

Without deeper knowledge of the specific chip, it is hard to tell it.
...even that if the sensor chip provides jpg data, however, I doubt it.

• Like 1