Pattern lock not working

Hi there.

My screen is broken and I can't access to the phone because it doesn't recognize the pattern lock, because half of the screen is not responding at all (the bottom half)

I fixed the screen a few month ago, and droped it again, so I am not fixing it again. The finger print is obviously not working.... 

Doesn't any one have any idea how access to the phone ? Is there any way to connect another screen on it to have a chance to make the pattern lock working ?  Any other ideas that could help ?

Thank you all 

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Kikka said:

Hi there.

My screen is broken and I can't access to the phone because it doesn't recognize the pattern lock, because half of the screen is not responding at all (the bottom half)

I fixed the screen a few month ago, and droped it again, so I am not fixing it again. The finger print is obviously not working.... 

Doesn't any one have any idea how access to the phone ? Is there any way to connect another screen on it to have a chance to make the pattern lock working ?  Any other ideas that could help ?

Thank you all 

Note that the grid is moved when changing portrait/landscape, if that helps?

A crazy idea: What about connecting it to an external touch-monitor through a USB-C to HDMI adapter? I have no idea if touch is supported that way though. (Haven't got an external touch monitor to test it)

If you have previously set it up to accept connections from your PC, you MIGHT have a chance that way, connecting and fetching (some of) your data. Though you might not be allowed until the phone is unlocked....

4 hours ago, Kikka said:

Doesn't any one have any idea how access to the phone ?

I think if you may connect a wired mouse to the phone using an OTG conversion then you can give input pattern using a mouse pointer.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I think if you may connect a wired mouse to the phone using an OTG conversion then you can give input pattern using a mouse pointer.

Yes, just tested that: USB mouse works for pattern-based unlocking, even if one connects the mouse only while the phone is already locked.

Bluetooth mouse could work, if it is already paired with the device and BT is switched on. Otherwise probably not ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1