Anybody selling a qwertz fxtec pro

Unlikely (for any keyboard layout); otherwise, there would be a active sales offers, which wouldn't be open for a long time, either, because demand substantially outweighs supply...

You might have a look at ebay instead and opt for a QWERTY layout; configured as "English (USA), international", all German umlauts and many other western European special characters are easily available there, too. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

You might have a look at ebay instead and opt for a QWERTY layout; configured as "English (USA), international", all German umlauts and many other western European special characters are easily available there, too.

The biggest problem (for me) would be the shifted key locations instead of missing umlauts.
Personally, I don't need German-specific umlauts but I am very happy with Pro1's QWERTZ variant because at least it has standard QWERTY key placements.

Anyway, it may worth a question for F(x)tec if they may have QWERTZ or current non-shifted QWERTY keyboards as spare part, but it may have low chance before Pro1-X availability.

However, replacing the keyboard itself of a shifted QWERTY variant to another one is possible.

...but you are right, most of the Pro1s were sold together with shifted QWERTY layouts and only a few of them were resold on Ebay, so if someone would like to buy one and a Pro1 appears on Ebay, the best thing to do is buying it regardless of its keyboard, if its price is acceptable.
Then it may be possible to replace keyboard later if F(x)tec will have spare part(s) to sell.

Edit:
One of the reasons of big difference in sold quantity is QWERTZ was only available to Europe as destination while shifted QWERTY was available for all locations.

So there may be also Pro1s to be sold from the USA but all of then will be shifted QWERTY.

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, VaZso said:

and a Pro1 appears on Ebay, the best thing to do is buying it regardless of its keyboard, if its price is acceptable.
Then it may be possible to replace keyboard later if F(x)tec will have spare part(s) to sell.

Yup. Though I prefer the qwertZ, i would much rather have a Pro1 with qwertY than no Pro1. 🙂

• Like 3
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

the qwertY have all keys shifted, making it rather uncomfortable

4 hours ago, VaZso said:

biggest problem (for me) would be the shifted key locations

When I received my pre-owned QWERTY phone (other than my originally ordered and not-yet delivered QWERTZ phone), I, too, thought that would become a problem. After a few weeks, though, the "shifted" layout became second nature to me, and now I think having direct access to characters like the square brackets actually makes me like the QWERTY layout more than I would have liked the QWERTZ layout. 🙂 

Edited by Rob. S.
Bad case of mixing up letters
33 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

... actually makes me like the QWERTZ layout more than I would have liked the QWERTY layout.

... dazed and confused ...

Do you own a qwertz or qwerty device, now? Qwertz provides square and curly brackets only via modifiers (Fn key).

Edited by claude0001
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Do you own a qwertz or qwerty device, now? Qwertz provides square and curly brackets only via modifiers (Fn key).

Partly... so yes, German layout allows access to { } via FN key but I use QWERTZ physical keyboard together with non-shifted QWERTY logical layout and I can reach accented characters using FN button.

However, I am a bit special here - basically normal QWERTY layout allows better international layout compatibility as special characters of a language may be placed to those buttons what became moved as a result of shifting.
So I also should use őűéáóúüíö characters during writing a message in my native language which buttons are at a non-standard location on the shifted variant.

I don't care at all that I use some buttons of my Pro1 differently than what is written on them but using shifted QWERTY layout as non-shifted would be really confusing, so it is not a good way to use it as a normal layout.

Also, I can use the very same layout on my Pro1 what I use on a PC and that is the real key feature of Pro1's (non-shifted) keyboard(s).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, claude0001 said:

... dazed and confused ...

Not as dazed and confused as I must have been. Thanks for noting, should of course have been the other way round there!

• 5 months later...

I am selling my pro1. It is a qwertz device, not rooted. I used only stock android.

I always kept it in a protection sleeve (see picture).

I would send you the sleeve as well if interested. I have the original charger as well as a spare one if you are interested. I still have the original box.

You are buying here a tested device! Everything is working fine. No heating finger sensor, no problem with the battery. I did not have the ghost touch issue. I have been using the device since July 2020.

I never broke or replaced the screen. I have ordered a replacement screen with frame during the indigogo campaign (to be able to change it by myself without delay and hassle). If I ever receive it, it will part of the package.

To have a better grip, I added stickers on the sides of the phone (an excellent tip of @Hook). See pictures.

Please send me a private message if interested.

Sold

20220705_192535 (2).jpg

20220705_192551 (2).jpg

20220705_192732 (2).jpg

20220705_192747.jpg

20220705_192739 (2).jpg

20220705_193548 (9).jpg

Edited by OKSun