I just ordered my Pro1 X!

7 minutes ago, brunoais said:

Take a look at the last couple of pages of the Production and Delivery thread.

We don't know as even the latest update doesn't address it.  We do know, from Discord 1)They know about it 2)They have explicitly said the will honor the warranty on the Expansys devices.

The silence may have to do with the close hold discussions of the shipping contract, but I don't buy the conspiracy theory that Expansys HK is stealing our phones during the negotiations. Expansys has been around a long time and is a reputable company.  More likely, I think, they bought stock which they are free to ship out on their own. The lowered price may simply their evaluation of it as a low specced phone and selling it closer to what they paid, but high enough to make a profit. But all this is wild speculation until we hear otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
20 hours ago, Hook said:

We don't know as even the latest update doesn't address it.  We do know, from Discord 1)They know about it 2)They have explicitly said the will honor the warranty on the Expansys devices.

We are aware of Expansys selling Pro1-X's on their website and we understand there's a lot of concerns and theories about the nature of these listings. We'll post a follow-up announcement to address this. But rest assured, all IGG and website orders are not compromised! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
1 hour ago, suicidal_orange said:

So not so much decided to wait as thinking there was no choice, that's not so crazy.  At least you didn't back one on IGG so you can cancel when you get tired of waiting, unlike most of us!

Exactly. Informed that my phone was scheduled to go offline on 1 Jan with Verizon (even though I like it just fine), I did a lot of research to find out why my 4GLTE phone would not work, even for data or hot spot. So I finally had to conclude it will probably die and become a brick on 1 Jan. Then I looked for modern physical keyboard phones. Then I researched which networks they work on. The carriers still claim to not support them. So further research, I decided the 5 row Qwerty keyboard of the PRO1 is the best option for my needs. With the tech features, there is no tech reason it could not be made to work on a network. So then I searched how to buy the Pro1, and will put it on whatever network will recognize it. In addition I went to EBAY which had sold some of the phones recently for ~ what they cost new from the manufacturer, but there are none presently listed. Same w amazon.  So these other vendors did not even show up on my searches, and I ordered from the manufacturer.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Trained2Type said:

I ordered from the fxtex website. We decided to wait for the PRO1X.

I also ordered from the FXTec website on 19 februari 2020, after waiting 2,5 years I decided to order one from expansys (with the intention to cancel my order and ask for a refund).

Today it arrived and it does work perfectly as I am responding to you using my Pro1x.

I'm not canceling my order (yet) because I would like to have another one just in case, like I did back in the days with my Nokia E-7 (still having all 4 of them, 2 in parts and 2 not charging).

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Stucadoor2 said:

I also ordered from the FXTec website on 19 februari 2020, after waiting 2,5 years I decided to order one from expansys (with the intention to cancel my order and ask for a refund).

Today it arrived and it does work perfectly as I am responding to you using my Pro1x.

I'm not canceling my order (yet) because I would like to have another one just in case, like I did back in the days with my Nokia E-7 (still having all 4 of them, 2 in parts and 2 not charging).

OH MY I had no idea they were so far behind in shipping! Which carrier / network are you using?