Fingerprint Scanner

Hello everyone

I am new to this space and forums generally so forgive me for any ignorance!

I managed to secure a good as new FXTEC PRO X recently and today got to grips with reinstalling Android and locking it as never done anything like that before. I've had the Unihertz range and a Cosmo Communicator and on the list for the Astro Slide as since Blackberry went been trying to find a suitable replacement!

Anyway all set up now with locked Android but cannot find the setting anywhere to activate the fingerprint scanner, any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks in advance and best wishes

Ryan

• Sad 1

I just have the two options as per the screenshot below. 

I believed I have stock Android yes. I tried to reboot the stock OEM ROM and followed all the steps several times and it just wouldn't work so assumed already had it. Then I managed to lock Android to get Google Pay and so on. 

The fingerprint option wasn't available before and still isn't now! 

Thank you for your support.

Screenshot_20221023-230113.thumb.png.5679875a5c5cdb510c684d3f78c7bd63.png

Now that is weird, Maybe you need to check with support ( https://fxtec.com/contact-us )

But maybe first ask the seller if (s)he had the fingerprint-reader working?
I know from the old Pro1 that some disliked the fingerprint-reader so much that they unplugged it, and who knows, the previous owner might have done so on your Pro1X?

I'm not totally sure but

Settings ► About Phone ► Build Number

Should say

V2.1.2_20220707

There is a version without Google-apps available available (non-GMS) here, I do not know if it got the same stamp.

The beta-versions available I expect will have newer stamps.

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

I am afraid not. No option for it at all! Odd I thought as everything else so far seems OK.

Welcome!

Could you take a screenshot of the build number in Settings -> About phone -> (scroll to bottom) Build number.

Thank you. 

I have factory reset several times to no avail. 

I tried to install the stock OEM yesterday but it didn't work. What I will do now I am aware of this excellent support network is show the error message I am getting on QFIL. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ryan said:

show the error message I am getting on QFIL

What type of error do you get when you tried flashing the stock OS on QFIL? 

Best to check if your PC is able to recognise your Pro1-X under EDL mode. Go to device manager on your computer and boot your phone into EDL mode, see if there's either an exclamation mark or e.g. COM10 port available.

Either way, feel free to email all the info you've got so far to our support desk [email protected] and let me know the ticket number. I'll take a look.

• Thanks 2

I will do that. Just to confirm phone is fine in EDL mode and can be seen on the PC as per the instruction pack. 

I thought I'd share these photos from the extraction of the file. Had this every time I have run it. Starts fine and as per the screenshot in the instruction pack. Not sure if it is normal. But wondered if this was why my flashing attempt was unsuccessful 

IMG_20221024_134644.jpg

IMG_20221024_134626.jpg

• Like 1

I am afraid my efforts to flash the ROM have failed again with the same issues as yesterday. Have included some images incase anyone can offer any advice. I've checked the document and followed it I believe to the letter several times but not getting anywhere!

IMG-20221024-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20221024-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20221024-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20221024-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20221024-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, I do not know much on the QFIL-flashing, But my hunch is that the partitioning is wrong. Could it be that something have resized partitions, in a way the standard flashing procedure do not overwrite?

It reminds me of bugs on disks or usb-sticks where the partition table is incorrect.

Obviously there is also the risk of a defective storage chip.

Let us hope @Casey can help....

@Ryan, I see, it's the infamous sahara error. I've got quite a few of those before too.

According to your screenshots, you don't have the correct number of XML files (rawprogram and patch files).

The correct files should be:

rawprogram_unsparse0

rawprogram1

rawprogram2

rawprogram3

rawprogram4

rawprogram5

AND

patch0

patch1

patch2

patch3

patch4

patch5

I suggest you to re-extract the tar.gz file again using a free software called 7zip. Once downloaded, right click on the tar.gz file and select "7zip >" to extract.

Additionally, here's some tips to avoid getting the sahara error:

1. Download a previous version of QFIL v2.0.2.3 and try again. Make sure to select and tick the correct boxes in Configuration settings.

2. Try out a different USB-C cable and USB port on your PC.

3. Make sure there's no space in your file path when you select the ddr.elf file.

4. And just try a few more times...

Good luck! 😄

3 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Off topic:

@Casey, what's the advantage of this QFIL business as opposed to traditional flashing via fastboot/adb as you reported here and which is essentially a two-liner (if one has the Android debug tools installed anyway)? 

adb sideload is used for flashing a new image (i.e. a firmware that has a higher build number compared to the current). The forum post you linked in your comment was for flashing the GMS-less build, which has a higher version number (2.1.5) than the stock OS (2.1.2). This process only requires you to flash the OTA package which adb sideload in recovery mode is better suited for. 

Although QFIL is the safest way to flash a full image (as it's a tool specifically designed for Qualcomm devices), it is faster and less tedious to use adb sideload for upgrading firmware and using fastboot script in fastbootd to downgrade.

• Thanks 3
On 10/24/2022 at 12:12 AM, EskeRahn said:

I know from the old Pro1 that some disliked the fingerprint-reader so much that they unplugged it, and who knows, the previous owner might have done so on your Pro1X?

By the way: i had to unplug the reader due to a defect (it was getting very hot ...) but the settings-menu is still available.

• Thanks 2

Hi @Casey, apologies for the delay but I was working away yesterday so only had the chance to try these steps out last night. 

So good news and bad news! The extraction process worked with 7Zip and I have managed to get all the correct files and I am using the older version of QFil but I am still getting the Sahara issue after several attempts. 

As I locked the phone to Andorid, do I need to unlock it for this to work? 

Now I have all the extracted files, should I try the newer version of Qfil?

Is there an alternative way I can flash the stock ROM?

I will keep trying in the meantime!

Thank you so much for helping me get this resolved.