Pro1-X: 3D Model for Designing Phone Cases

We thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread and share the 3D model of our Pro1-X in a .step format for members who are interested in DIY-ing a phone case.

The link below redirects you to a Google Drive folder with the .step file.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u8c6_fxRFu2DU0tVqAxUe4QbA0VBVb4d?usp=sharing

Feel free to share your ideas and progress down below for the community!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Be aware that there is a physical difference between the Pro1 and Pro1X that matters for cases. The USB is rather close to the back on the Pro1, but they lifted it a bit on the Pro1X, making more plugs work (e.g. round magnetic power-plugs)

But this means that the case design can only serve both if leaving a rather large hole for the USB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a long time Pro1 supporter and LineageOS maintainer, I must say that I am somewhat unsettled by announcements like this.

For many users (including myself) the Pro1-X is effectively a brick, as its GSM/LTE connectivity problems do not allow it to be used as a phone in the first place. In that perspective, advertising the possibility for custom-made shells just seems ... wrong ... at some level.

Sorry to write that, but where are the relevant news on the topic?

7 hours ago, claude0001 said:

As a long time Pro1 supporter and LineageOS maintainer, I must say that I am somewhat unsettled by announcements like this.

For many users (including myself) the Pro1-X is effectively a brick, as its GSM/LTE connectivity problems do not allow it to be used as a phone in the first place. In that perspective, advertising the possibility for custom-made shells just seems ... wrong ... at some level.

Sorry to write that, but where are the relevant news on the topic?

Well as it is not all that are hit by these severe issues, they elsewhere even asked for info on it as they say they can not reproduce it in their tests in the UK. So most likely this means that it depends on the bands or even specific carrier hardware, if we are hit by the bug or not.

So for those not affected, a case is indeed relevant.

We are all waiting fixes for possible issues but it does not mean that developing other things has to be stopped. Probably there are different people working with software updates and case design. Or maybe the case was developed with the help of community? Anyway it is not bad thing that there is case model for Pro1-X.

Community option:

• Like 1