Fxtec - Scam company or just very very poor customer service?

Fxtec have had my prox1x phone now for 4 weeks after finally getting them to agree to repairing or replacing under warranty after it failed to even start up.

Nothing from them since. 3 emails sent to them, but nothing back.

I've got proof of delivery from DPD and a name, date and time it was signed for.

I've had no response from Fxtec at all, not even an acknowledgement that it's arrived with them. So it makes me think they're just a scam company looking for my money, and have no inclination to do anything about the issues on the phone.

Be interesting to hear what others have to say.

Well, their customer service is pretty bad yeah.

And they tend to over-promise and under-deliver.

I don't think you're being singled out to lose your money though.

The more likely worst case scenario is they have very limited stock on hand for replacements, and limited manpower for repairs as well.

Keep on pushing, feel free to open a case with PayPal or your credit card company to have some peace of mind, as you would with any business.

• Like 1

I am in a similar boat. They were actually happy to have it sent to them to check and repair (at my expense, which was almost $100 AUD)

They have had it a few months and promised to send a new one. I haven't seen it yet though.

You may just need to be patient and give them a nudge every now and then.

• Sad 1