screen is black with green lines after only a month, repair possible?

i'm loving this phone, as a blind person it really offers what i'm looking for, so i didnt notice the screen wasnt working till i tried to show someone a phone number to copy down.  i've read this green line thing is likely caused by water getting inside the screen, which with all the rain california has seen i guess wouldn't surprise me, but now, what do i do about it? touch still works but i do want a fully functional device after just over a month of owning it.  trouble is, i bought it 2nd hand from someone who waited over a year for shipping, and while they might be helpful, is there even a warranty or repair techs in the united states for this lovely thing?

• Sad 1

Makes me sad to hear. There is warranty on the phone, but the repair times others have reported is bad currently.

To my knowledges all warranty repairs have to go to FxTec in the UK. No official FxTec repair point in the US.

BUT it is possible to get a display from elsewhere and have a technician replacing it. (there are guides on this in the forum)

Technically the display is the same on the Pro1, the Pro1X and the "Elephone U Pro".

BUT replacing it there are usually issues with larger touch margins afterwards, For the Pro1, there is a known fix flashing the stock ROM again (note that this also factory resets the device). I do not know if that works for the Pro1X as well.

I will try to tag @Casey from FxTec, and see if they have any suggestions on how to best help you.

You are welcome. Note that there is also the more expensive solution of buying a display part from FxTec. This is easier to change, and the delivery time can be long, but the last seems not to be an issue for you as touch is working.

Maybe you can make some arrangement with them of buying a new display part, and after changing, sending the faulty one back afterwards and get it refunded as warranty?
Try to contact their support by mail, and add image(s) illustration the issue. [email protected]

@lycancatt I'm sorry to hear of your screen travails and hope your repair person can fix things. On a brighter note, it would appear that you're successfully making/receiving phone calls in the US. Would that be correct, do you have proper connectivity?

i am able to make and receive calls via tmobile and wifi, a little more stable on wifi..4g lte is not the greatest at maintaining network hold with this phone.  also, it seems the proximity sensor is weird because if i put the phone to my face it mutes it vs turning off the screen, i don't actually make many phone calls so have just been putting it on speaker.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, lycancatt said:

also, it seems the proximity sensor is weird because if i put the phone to my face it mutes it vs turning off the screen

I've had the call mute thing myself a few times, but not enough to bother me or investigate.  I don't know whether it's the proxy sensor not being sensitive enough, or a software issue not turning off the screen.  I usually just tell people my beard set it off and that I'll have a shave before I call again.  I've just switched over to LineageOS, so I'll see if the behaviour follows me. 

Good luck with the screen fix. 

Edited by MonCon