Shopping for a working pro1 (not X) mainboard

Hi all!

Soo, yeah, my Pro1 has been dead for a couple of months, it's now at the hands of @CornholioGSM . . . said to be a faulty EMMC; won't hold a firmware and keeps dying.

If there was somebody with the right part, I'd gladly pay if the price was right.

Thanks for anything. I am really growing tired of the stupid touch keyboard..

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to offer. Pro1 is quite rare these days since Pro1-X is more common. Might be hard to find just spare parts because there is not that many listings for Pro1 phones either.

Just wanted you to know that it is possible to resolder eMMC with suitable tools. It is difficult job but maybe some local tech workshop could do it? I mean if you cannot find the main board. EMMC chips are available all over the net. See more below:

• Thanks 1

...i have tools for solder new emmc - that is not problem - it is my work. But i dont have correct adapter for my programmer...and solder it directly to sd reader is work for long time...and emmc is really bad soo i am not sure if will be possible to made good working image.

Another problem is, that emmc will have many partitions and will be for 90% paired with soc - as on another phones. So solder only new emmc is not solution i mean.

Solution will be maybe jtag but again without correct programmer, service manual it is impossible.

I have tested this in hostory on XT897 phone...soldered new ram 1 to 2 GB and new emmc...phone was able to boot onlz into bootloader,but was impossible to flash it and ram was detected only 1gb.

EDIT...and maybe is here another problem because i have repaired this phone (from itchy355) manytimes - smashed display, then smashed hinges etc - soo board can have broken pads under emmc os soc. Maybe i will test to reball.

Edited by CornholioGSM
  • Thanks 2

@CornholioGSM Thanks for the insight! You know things way better than me. I was just assuming that you could reflash everything like the guys did with Nexus devices. If I remember correctly, phone needed to boot to bootloader mode and then you could flash partitions and increase size by modifying partitions.

Also, since there is a small batch of Pro1 SD835 units manufactured with 8GB ram and 256GB storage (Pre-Christmas Indiegogo backers) I thought that software issues could be easier to manage. But anyway, it is atleast extremely difficult.

Edit: My memory failed me. Pre-Christmas batch was 6/128GB. There was supposed to be SD835 8/256GB units but it did not ever happen.

Edited by FlyingAntero
On 8/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, itchy355 said:

Hi all!

Soo, yeah, my Pro1 has been dead for a couple of months, it's now at the hands of @CornholioGSM . . . said to be a faulty EMMC; won't hold a firmware and keeps dying.

If there was somebody with the right part, I'd gladly pay if the price was right.

Thanks for anything. I am really growing tired of the stupid touch keyboard..

I have one laying around. I can't remember what was wrong with it, but I am fairly certain it was not the mainboard.
I can have a look if you want. Where are you living?

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Yay, I wasn't online for a couple of days and look what's up 😄 Thanks all for the help..

I'd need the unit shipped to Prague, Czech republic. How much are you imagining? I'll PM.

Edited by itchy355

Hey Itchy355,

I am living in Prague and, in principle, I can pass my used Pro1 unit (you can notice a wear but the mainboard should be fine). I shelved the phone when I gave up on Sailfish ~year ago. Of/c, it would make perfect sense to get the non-mainboard defunct unit from Doktor Oswaldo, unless they're from South America or so 🙂

I'm perhaps very busy in August but something can be certainly arranged during September.

PS: in case, I do speak also Czech

Jan

Edited by Jan
  • Like 1
On 8/19/2024 at 5:45 PM, Wolda said:

Hey Itchy355,

I am living in Prague and, in principle, I can pass my used Pro1 unit (you can notice a wear but the mainboard should be fine). I shelved the phone when I gave up on Sailfish ~year ago. Of/c, it would make perfect sense to get the non-mainboard defunct unit from Doktor Oswaldo, unless they're from South America or so 🙂

I'm perhaps very busy in August but something can be certainly arranged during September.

PS: in case, I do speak also Czech

Jan

Oh I will check mine on Friday, but I am from Switzerland, so more shipping. Feel free to get in contact with @itchy355.
Since mine has new Battery and Screenunit, I may have a bit of a high price tag on it for the fact that he just needs a mainboard.

I have no bad feelings at all if you can sell it to him for less.