Replacement screen opinions?

Was looking around Ali and found this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005062900944.html

Seems a bit too cheap to be true, or are these screens this cheap nowadays?

I managed to nuke my Pro1 in the most stupid way. I put it down on the bathroom counter (not even half a metre height) and while I was doing other stuff it slid off and planted face fist into the floor.

Rip (the black blobs I already had for a while, I just refer to it as screen cancer, they just popped up randomly one day, but I had busted corners with black spots from day 1)

spacer.png

So yeah, I am not too sad about it and will repair. I am planning to get a new phone but not yet. 😄

Edit: Meanwhile I ordered that replacement, if things go wrong there is buyer protection anyway.

Edited by Tsunero
  • Sad 2

No the screens have always been fairly inexpensive and this one is even available with the proper frame (I believe, I have one in the closet but haven't had the need to install it).  And you are lucky, as you have the Pro 1.  The new screen will have a non-responsive area around the edges.  You'll need to reinstall stock Android 9 and that will fix it because one of the updates included that patch that is needed.  Unfortunately, that means you will have to wipe everything.  At least I think so.  You had to with the Elephone U Pro screens, which are the same screen. We still no real solution for this problem on the Pro1x other than having a Pro1 around to flash the screen with and then transferring it to the Pro1.

• Thanks 2
Just now, EskeRahn said:

(They are sold out.... :classic_sad: )

Looks like only the one with frame is sold out, but I can reuse the existing frame fine, just a bit more work according to the repair videos I saw.

I was able to place an order for the screen itself.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Hook said:

The new screen will have a non-responsive area around the edges.

Thanks for chipping in, I actually don't mind that. (but I always ran stock on this, so maybe the "issue" won't be present?

43 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

(The variant with frame is sold out.... :classic_sad: )

Sorry, I missed that.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Breeze said:

I mailed F(x)tec last Tuesday asking for a screen assembly. No answer yet. I have a replacement frame with new screen with the edges not working 🙁

Aw that's rough, I couldn't even get a frame as that was sold out. so I wonder if the screen will even operate with the original. lol

It's just a matter of weeks until it arrives.