Updates? More Consistent Interaction from Dev Team

if the phone has Widevine DRM L1 support

…I know NOTHING on Widewine, The “DRM Info” app on a preproduction unit says L3. Output practically identical to the Nokia8 here

Yikes, that is concerning. Yes, I am interested in a keyboard phone because I want to be more productive, but when I occasionally watch some Netflix on it, I would like to get full HD. I appreciate you might not have the answer, but could it be just because it is a pre-production test model?

Smartphone keyboard diehard since 2005. HTC, Droid one then my still kicking Droid 4. Have a brand new Droid 4 in a box ready to clone but Vz is trying their best to droid-kick me off their evolving network. You developers-owners are banking on the forgotten, business oriented keyboarders. NO press is bad, even in articulating the delays inherent with a complex project like P1. The real money will not hit until P2, anyway. (completely predicated on the P1)

If you have a delay then you can spin to getting it right for release. If you release a buggy product you are toast in the media. If you go silent and dark trying to control the release narrative to protect pre-orders - the momentum is trashed. In every psychological study with lawsuits and marketing, people appreciate and can accept the truth FAR BETTER than the sour taste of disingenuous salesmenship. Treat your business oriented buyers with honesty and crowd friendly proactivity and the buzz will continue to build to a success with P2. I ,for one, do not need a flashdragon 1000 turning video gigaflops at a billion megapixels to kill screen zombies. I seek a stable, dockable, business oriented computer that is a good phone, too. Remember- Droid 4 still serves me very well, but only for another 6 months. De-Googled clean Android or Lineage, please.

I have another question, what’s the max brightness in nits of the display?

I have tried to Google for some brightness on the "Elephone U Pro" that uses the same display, but not found any numbers.

But a subjective compare of the S8- and the (pre-production) Pro¹ (both cranked up to full brightness and no blue filter or the like), the Pro¹ is clearly brighter.

ADD: Tried to put them at auto and shine a bright led torch at the sensors of both (placed head-to-head) and here my impression were that they were of about equal brightness. (The S8- is known to go for a higher brightness in auto, than if you just pull the bar to 100%, the Pro¹ does not do that. If you crank it to 100%, it do not care about the sensor)

• 1 month later...