Will Pro1 have a feature like 'security wipe after X attempts'?

AFAIK, this is not part of standard Pie. I haven't heard anything on F(x)tec adding it.

Pie do as default encrypt all data on your phone. (see Security & Location, Advanced, Encryption)

(Pie do also offer the Lockdown mode, that might help somewhat if you make it a habit using it)

And you should be able to remote wipe the device too, see e.g. https://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-android-device-manager-lock-and-wipe-your-phone

My opinion only, but ugh. ;-) Whenever a phone or software offers that option (my password locker does) I immediately set it to unlimited. One of the things I loved about Dirty Unicorns is that it left my phone unencrypted by default. My paper files aren't encrypted. They don't even have a password. I don't need my phone encrypted. Lol. The few things that need to be encrypted are.

Again, just me. YMMV (and I'm not being critical of anyone who disagrees with me).

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:16 PM, Craig said:

I had not heard of such a feature, but certainly not a feature someone with young kids around would ever want enabled ;)

I know someone who lost everything on a fruit device because of this exact feature and scenario! It definitely should be optional, defaulting to off.

13 minutes ago, silversolver said:

I know someone who lost everything on a fruit device because of this exact feature and scenario! It definitely should be optional, defaulting to off.

In an earlier version of the firmware you could actually factory reset the device by a suitable combination of holding/pressing the physical buttons. Not extremely likely, But I actually accidentally did it once on the Pre-prod unit. One should NEVER rely on storing data on a phone/phablet alone.

• Like 1