Please fix the dishonest wording on the purchase page already

Some context: I found out about the pro1 during the IFA. I owned a n900 so was immediately sold on the concept. So I went to the fxtec website and found the buy now link.

The claim was "shipping globally is estimated to start mid september". It was early september when I ordered. I wire tranferred the money immediately. And no mention of pre-order or anything.

Now I am finding out that shipping will start end of october for pre orders only with some estimates that regular orders might ship only in december or not even this year.

I totally understand prioritizing pre orders or backers, but I am incredibly pissed at the dishonesty of putting a buy now button and the pre order shipping as an estimate.

If you do not mention pre orders and use a buy now wording, people expect it to be, you know, a regular order. One that's not delayed by a massive pre order backlog.

So now I am looking into canceling my order. But please fix the text. Change buy now to "very late pre order now" or something and set the estimate to early 2020.

Some context: I found out about the pro1 during the IFA. I owned a n900 so was immediately sold on the concept. So I went to the fxtec website and found the buy now link.

The claim was “shipping globally is estimated to start mid september”. It was early september when I ordered. I wire tranferred the money immediately. And no mention of pre-order or anything.

Now I am finding out that shipping will start end of october for pre orders only with some estimates that regular orders might ship only in december or not even this year.

I totally understand prioritizing pre orders or backers, but I am incredibly pissed at the dishonesty of putting a buy now button and the pre order shipping as an estimate.

If you do not mention pre orders and use a buy now wording, people expect it to be, you know, a regular order. One that’s not delayed by a massive pre order backlog.

So now I am looking into canceling my order. But please fix the text. Change buy now to “very late pre order now” or something and set the estimate to early 2020.

I’ve contacted the team that maintains our website, it should be updated shortly :)

It now says “Shipping globally is estimated to be early October 2019”. We all know that shipping of Pre-orders is due to commence on the 29th October 2019. So the information is still incorrect.

Yeah should be early November provided they ship all pre-orders in October.

Yeah should be early November provided they ship all pre-orders in October.

lol no, pre-orders will START shipping on 29th october according to adrian, and it will probably take the entire month of november to ship them (if not into early december), so regular orders might not even ship in 2019... that's where it's intentionally misleading customers imho, because if you read (like I did) "Shipping globally is estimated to be early October 2019." without researching, there is no way in hell you are expecting that there is a massive pre-order backlog that will have to be fulfilled before they even consider shipping your order...

lol no, pre-orders will START shipping on 29th october according to adrian, and it will probably take the entire month of november to ship them (if not into early december), so regular orders might not even ship in 2019… that’s where it’s intentionally misleading customers imho, because if you read (like I did) “Shipping globally is estimated to be early October 2019.” without researching, there is no way in hell you are expecting that there is a massive pre-order backlog that will have to be fulfilled before they even consider shipping your order…

You are just guessing... And as we have no clue on neither the number of pre-orders nor the daily production rate, nor when the production started, we obviously have no idea of the time frame to complete the pre-orders. But sure for new orders “Shipping globally is estimated to be early October 2019.” does not add up with other info.

Anyway, I hope production is ramping up soon (including the arrival of pre-orders) as Christmas is coming and if they can produce enough unit in time to be available in warehouses, then they may have even more additional orders if there is a chance them to arrive near Christmas...

Anyway, I hope production is ramping up soon (including the arrival of pre-orders) as Christmas is coming and if they can produce enough unit in time to be available in warehouses, then they may have even more additional orders if there is a chance them to arrive near Christmas…

Indeed, but do we even know if they plan to attempt to channel them through traditional warehouses?

It might be such a niche oriented product that it could be hard to get physical warehouses to want to stock them.

Indeed, but do we even know if they plan to attempt to channel them through traditional warehouses?

It might be such a niche oriented product that it could be hard to get physical warehouses to want to stock them.

I mean those places where they are going to ship these devices soon, so the actual shipping locations near the specific users of the area.

I mean those places where they are going to ship these devices soon, so the actual shipping locations near the specific users of the area.

Ah of course, yes if they could promise deliveries in amble time before Christmas, it sure could give some extra sales . :)