Pro1 Unboxing Video

7 hours ago, glumreaper said:

But as a general point, is anyone else as puzzled as me why 'unboxing' videos are as popular as they are on youtube?

Why is there such a buzz for what is surely theΒ least interesting part of getting a new device? Show me it working! Show me it from all angles! But only show me the plastic wrapping or peeling off stickers if you're trying to get me to sleep...

It lets people know who is about function and who is not. πŸ˜‰

• Like 1
11 hours ago, netman said:

Very soon!

Β 

Woohoo! I hope it is packaged without Gapps like my LOS14 ROM on my D4 (current daily driver.) I despise Gapps almost as much as the creepy corporation for which they gather data. I have been running without them entirely for years now, and if I can't get them completely gone, such as the Priv I tried, I disable it all.

Unrelatedly, I hope LOS16 supports VoLTE well as Verizon is planning to force the issue on that by shutting down their CDMA equipment at the end of the year, which is why I initially began looking for a replacement for my D4. The stock P1 ROM sounded like it was going to have excellent VoLTE support. If Verizon makes this too difficult, I've been thinking about T-mobile and might switch, but would rather not if avoidable.

11 hours ago, netman said:

Very soon!

Β 

Also, I intensely disagree with the decision to pull all the archived builds for legacy devices. I still use my D4 as a daily driver, still play with some D1s, and am very annoyed that I cannot get the CM/LOS ROMs for them anymore. I still have some local copies, but anyone who is just now thinking of playing with them is just out of luck unless they have a friend who still has copies. Storage is cheap; why not keep legacy ROMs forever as curiosities? For certain things, some of the very old devices are still excellent. There's no better device I know of for emulation than the D1, for example, with its real D-pad.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Storage is cheap; why not keep legacy ROMs forever as curiosities?

With how popular LOS is they get quite a lot of traffic, so maybe it isn't as cheap as you'd think? Also I don't think they have very much money. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a full archive of all builds though. It does suck.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, netman said:

With how popular LOS is they get quite a lot of traffic, so maybe it isn't as cheap as you'd think? Also I don't think they have very much money. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a full archive of all builds though. It does suck.

I wonder what a donor would have to contribute to bri....convince them to put back the legacy stuff. :)

• Like 1