Black Friday offers planned?

4 hours ago, elvissteinjr said:

Best way to make customers happy is to reduce the price for others before their pre-orders are even all shipped out.

I don't see how this would even be remotely likely to happen, as much as I'd like this phone to be cheaper.

Yeah, that would just be stupid. Also, as I've said before, HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE UNSUBSIDIZED PRICE OF AN IPHONE LATELY? Really, the Pro1 is a bargain compared to iFruits, being only a little over half the price, and 10 times as useful in my book. :)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Yeah, that would just be stupid. Also, as I've said before, HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE UNSUBSIDIZED PRICE OF AN IPHONE LATELY? Really, the Pro1 is a bargain compared to iFruits, being only a little over half the price, and 10 times as useful in my book. 🙂

Don't you end up paying the full unsubsidized prices anyway in the end if you go with those subsidized "deals"?

Edited by netman
wasn't clear
  • Like 1
Just now, silversolver said:

Often you do, because they only partially subsidize the cost, and they finance the rest as a payment on your bill.

I'm not in the US but here i once calculated the things they offer and you end up paying more than the phones full price on top during the minimum contract length (usually 2 years) compared to just buying a phoneless subscription.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, netman said:

I'm not in the US but here i once calculated the things they offer and you end up paying more than the phones full price on top during the minimum contract length (usually 2 years) compared to just buying a phoneless subscription.

They're not in business to lose money. They did the math. The house always wins LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

They're not in business to lose money. They did the math. The house always wins LOL

But they shouldn't be flat out scammers, but they are xD. Too many people buy into this nonsense where it looks like you get a good deal by buying stuff on a loan... If you get a small head-start one time in your life you don't ever need those things and get stuff cheaper.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, netman said:

But they shouldn't be flat out scammers, but they are xD. Too many people buy into this nonsense where it looks like you get a good deal by buying stuff on a loan... If you get a small head-start one time in your life you don't ever need those things and get stuff cheaper.

It's not a scam if people pay what they were told they'd pay and get what they were told they'd get.....whether it's a smart financial decision as a consumer.....well, we're clearly agreed it's not. The truth is that most people are their own worst enemies financially because they can't delay gratification when a new shiny thing appears, but will pay more to be able to pay over time and have the shiny thing immediately without accumulating their own resources first. If you're using someone else's resources, they will charge you for that. Save your own money for a bit, then get the things with no payment, and you can save that much faster for the next things. But then, financiers don't make money off people who are clever with money LOL.

Edited by silversolver
typo
6 hours ago, silversolver said:

It's not a scam if people pay what they were told they'd pay and get what they were told they'd get.....whether it's a smart financial decision as a consumer.....well, we're clearly agreed it's not. The truth is that most people are their own worst enemies financially because they can't delay gratification when a new shiny thing appears, but will pay more to be able to pay over time and have the shiny thing immediately without accumulating their own resources first. If you're using someone else's resources, they will charge you for that. Save your own money for a bit, then get the things with no payment, and you can save that much faster for the next things. But then, financiers don't make money off people who are clever with money LOL.

There is a thin line between scamming an conning.... Here we are talking conning people as you trick them to believe it is a good deal.

BUT for some with a very strained economy, that perhaps would have had issues lending the money in say a bank, this way MIGHT be a reasonable soluton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/24/2019 at 8:21 PM, silversolver said:

Yeah, that would just be stupid. Also, as I've said before, HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE UNSUBSIDIZED PRICE OF AN IPHONE LATELY? Really, the Pro1 is a bargain compared to iFruits, being only a little over half the price, and 10 times as useful in my book. 🙂

Idk what you're talking about. iPhone 11 starts at 700 and has really solid specs. Even lower if you look for a deal or get a slightly used one