Pressing two buttons at once?

I have a very odd experience with the pro1 and I just wanted to check with you guys if you have the same.

Sometimes when I am typing "fast" there are some letters missing. Now I am writing this text with careful speed but I am used from the priv that I could write much faster. If I am doing that and I am 100% sure that I pressed the button the letter is missing. Does anyone of you have the same problem?

Now the support said, that they didn't heard of such a problem and I should make a video. Maybe I am doing that but even then it can't be seen if I am really pressing the button (which I am 🙈). Is there a app with what I could track if the buttons are pressed or not?

another question. Am I right that some buttons can't be pressed the sametime as another button. For example I tried to install an old dos game (volfied) and for that game you have to press a direction and the space bar at the same time. This doesn't work at all. 

edit: the best example is the following one. I am just pressing two buttons very fast and after a while the pattern is not the same:

alalalalalalalalalalaaalaaalalllalalalaalallaaaaaaaalalalalaalaaalaalal

could someone do the same please and report?

Edited by adidas88

Not being able to press certain buttons at the same time is a known limitation of the keyboard driver which has already been corrected by @netman who has provided the solution for us to apply manually and also provided it to F(x)tec to include in an update, which he believes they will do soon.

As for the other, I read the whole forum and I haven't heard of this either. I don't need a video to believe that it's really happening though. LOL I have heard of this issue on other devices, including Windows PCs, under certain circumstances.

Edited by silversolver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The original driver may indeed miss keypresses if you type fast, I tested similarly typing "fjfjfjfjfjfjfjfj" and similar sequences fast and it would give something the likes of "fjfjffjffjjfj". Currently all I can provide is a boot+vendor image that require a factory reset to be installed and break OTA but fix this issue (if you need it let me know, i haven't written proper instructions down as of yet and it's sorta confusing), but soon an OTA update should come that fixes this.

[edit] Note that if I am not mistaken this happens in the relatively rare situation where the driver is still handling key up event while the next key down one arrives, hence it's not super easy to reproduce. However the fjfjfjfj/lalalala test did quite consistently show this issue for me with some effort.

Edited by netman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, netman said:

The original driver may indeed miss keypresses if you type fast, I tested similarly typing "fjfjfjfjfjfjfjfj" and similar sequences fast and it would give something the likes of "fjfjffjffjjfj". Currently all I can provide is a boot+vendor image that require a factory reset to be installed and break OTA but fix this issue (if you need it let me know, i haven't written proper instructions down as of yet and it's sorta confusing), but soon an OTA update should come that fixes this.

[edit] Note that if I am not mistaken this happens in the relatively rare situation where the driver is still handling key up event while the next key down one arrives, hence it's not super easy to reproduce. However the fjfjfjfj/lalalala test did quite consistently show this issue for me with some effort.

I have also experienced some missing characters when I wrote messages on my Pro1. I thought I may not pressed those buttons well but I also knew they had "clacked" so the problem exists.

So that case they may have modified the original keyboards driver to handle loosing keyboard problem and not the improved one?
...or is it in another part of the kernel?

...at least it seems improved keyboard driver still not ported back to Pro1's stock kernel.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, VaZso said:

So that case they may have modified the original keyboards driver to handle loosing keyboard problem and not the improved one?
...or is it in another part of the kernel?

...at least it seems improved keyboard driver still not ported back to Pro1's stock kernel.

That's correct, it is a separate issue in the same driver. The latest version of the driver I have is merged with those changes also. (I may have stated otherwise in the past due to not realizing merging with newer driver from stock inadvertently to me also fixed the crashes.)

Edited by netman
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, netman said:

That's correct, it is a separate issue in the same driver. The latest version of the driver I have is merged with those changes also. (I may have stated otherwise in the past due to not realizing merging with newer driver from stock inadvertently to me also fixed the crashes.)

I really hope they will update their driver in next OTA which includes also this improved keyboard handling.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What is the current situation with this issue? Has it been fixed yet by OTA update? If not is there a guide how to fix it by myself? How about Sailfish or Lineage OS? Same bug there also?

I will receive my unit next week so I can't test yet. I would like to know how I can be prepared for possible fix.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

What is the current situation with this issue? Has it been fixed yet by OTA update? If not is there a guide how to fix it by myself? How about Sailfish or Lineage OS? Same bug there also?

I will receive my unit next week so I can't test yet. I would like to know how I can be prepared for possible fix.

@Waxberry wrote it will be fixed in next OTA.
It may come somewhere after the Chinese New Year celebration.

As of Sailfish and Lineage OS, as far as I know, it is already fixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1